GPG Keys - How to Check

Hi,

I ran the Online Update Configuration check today - and was presented with multiple GPG Keys to import - i accepted all.

The question i have - how do i check that each key is valid ?.

When i check the GPG Public Key Management list there do seem to be keys existing - some i recognise from accepting earlier today - but some do seem to be missing even though i accepted them earlier - not sure.

Of note, the Suse Package Signing Key is out of date - states 03/05/14 as the expiry date.

1. How do i check which keys have been added today - i assume a configuration file somewhere ?, or multiple locations ?, or a log file ?
  2. How can one check the respositories for their keys ??? - i have a Finger Print in Yast, but the repository repomd.xml.key is in another format.
  3. Is the Suse Package Signing Key being out of date an issue ?? - how do i correct ?

I did search the site - some near relevant information - but not sure how to proceed since if i take the wrong steps, i may cause issues that take more effort to resolve.

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.

For me, the package signing key shows as expiring in March 2018.

I’m looking in my own keying, and I am also looking in Yast Software Repositories (click on GPG keys). The expiry dates match in both places.

You can probably update the key in your own keyring by retrieving it from a key server.

For the repo key (as shown by Yast, I at one time updated a key. I exported from my own keyring to a file. Then I used “rpmkeys --import” to import that to package manager. But that didn’t work until I first deleted the key in Yast.

Hi nrickert,

Thanks.

I can see the keys in GPG from YAST as you stated by clicking on GPG Keys button, but there is no history of when they are updated - so do you know where the log is for this - to see what has been updated when ?. Thanks.

I would like to know how to resolve by modifying the configuration files or forcing an update - from the command line - and where to examine the configuration files, for future reference.

Being a novice - i am not sure of the commands.

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.

I don’t know how to do that.

The only success I have has is by deleting a key, and then importing with “rpmkeys” to import the updated key. I used my own keyring as an intermediate place to store and check the keys.

Hi nrickert,

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.