Thread: KDE Plasma 5 FolderView on Desktop does not stay in place

Default KDE Plasma 5 FolderView on Desktop does not stay in place

Hi,

small problem:
    If I have an empty desktop and create a Folder View Widget on it I can drag it to some place on the desktop and then Lock Widgets.
    However, if I relog the Folder View Widget is not placed in the arbitrary position anymore but in the upper left corner.

Best
    Marc

Default Re: KDE Plasma 5 FolderView on Desktop does not stay in place

Yes, with Leap 42.1 and KDE Plasma 5 as follows:
    • plasma-framework: Version: 5.21.0-15.1
    • plasma5-desktop: Version: 5.5.5-20.1

there are some issues such as the one you describe.

With the KDE Plasma versions above, if I place the Folder View Widget on the Desktop then, it stays where I place on the Desktop but, that may be because I usually have the Panel at the top edge of the screen.
    In addition, with Leap 42.1 I tend to not place the KDE Folder View Widget on the Desktop because of the behaviour (in the past) which you mention and, the fact that I can't resize it -- therefore, I drop the thing into the Panel -- at least until Leap 42.2 is released . . .

I checked again with the Plasma versions mentioned previously and with the newest beta-test KDE Plasma 5 -- the Folder View Widget can be placed wherever on the Desktop regardless of the Panel's placement.

Are you using the KDE Plasma 5 provided by the openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update Repository?

I figured out that if I add another folder View widget, then either the new one or suddenly the previous one does stay in place.
    So, I just keep the widget that stays in place and remove the other.