Thread: Firewall blocking network application

Default Firewall blocking network application

Hello everyone,

I wasn't sure if this was the correct location to post this, so if it should be in another location please feel free to move it.

I have a backup program (commercially available) that I backup my Linux boxes and some Windows boxes to the cloud. I also want them to backup to my server (running Leap 42.1). The backup software runs fine, but the only way I can get it to connect is when I disable the server Firewall. I've attempted to put in a custom rule via YaST to allow the activity (192.168.0.0/24 TCP 4242 4242) in both the Internal and External Zones. No luck. I cannot find the firewall logs, even though I've enabled Log All for Logging Not Accepted Packets. Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to allow the app to connect and also where the firewall logs are?

Thanks very much in advance!
    Mike

Default Re: Firewall blocking network application

I have Google Chrome, in order for me to Cast, Google Drive backup, Or anything, i simply added 32768:61000 UDP

looks like : isn't there.

Yast> security and users> Firewall> Allowed services> Advanced> Input ranges
    Signature
    As with any operating system, individual results may vary! So what is your opinion again?

Quote Originally Posted by linuxbeastmaster View Post
    I have Google Chrome, in order for me to Cast, Google Drive backup, Or anything, i simply added 32768:61000 UDP

looks like : isn't there.

Yast> security and users> Firewall> Allowed services> Advanced> Input ranges
    Perfect! Thanks very much! I added port 4242 and it works great.

The only outstanding question I have is where the firewall logs are located.

Best regards,
    Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikejazzfan View Post

The only outstanding question I have is where the firewall logs are located.

Best regards,
    Mike
    Check the systemd journal using journalctl...
    Code:
    sudo journalctl -u SuSEfirewall2
    Code:
    sudo journalctl -fu SuSEfirewall2