Thread: Signature verification failure when attempting to install updates

Default Signature verification failure when attempting to install updates

A few days ago, I had an update notification (6 updates). When I attempted to update, I got a signature verification error for the nvidia repository. I aborted the updates. Today, received notification that there are 8 updates. Tried again, and now have the error for flash-plugin update. I aborted again. I'm not sure if the error for nvidia still remains, and I don't know how to fix this problem. Here is the error:
    Code:
    Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY
        V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY

flash-plugin-11.2.202.635-release.x86_64 (adobe-flash-plugin): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public key is not available]

Default Re: Signature verification failure when attempting to install updates

Quote Originally Posted by occamshatchet View Post
    A few days ago, I had an update notification (6 updates). When I attempted to update, I got a signature verification error for the nvidia repository. I aborted the updates. Today, received notification that there are 8 updates. Tried again, and now have the error for flash-plugin update. I aborted again. I'm not sure if the error for nvidia still remains, and I don't know how to fix this problem. Here is the error:
    Code:
    Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY
        V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY

flash-plugin-11.2.202.635-release.x86_64 (adobe-flash-plugin): Signature verification failed [4-Signatures public key is not available]
    Wait awhile, then try again. The mirror may not be in sync. Or, try a different mirror.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    Wait awhile, then try again. The mirror may not be in sync. Or, try a different mirror.
    Thanks for the quick response.

adobe does not provide the digital key, get flash from packman (they're packaged under different names)
    if you have packman do
    Code:
    zypper rm flash-plugin
    zypper in flash-player
    that's it, you won't get that error again
    you should also remove the adobe repo
    if you don't have packman add it
    Code:
    zypper ar -f http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/ packman