Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Konsole "background transparency not supported by desktop"

  1. #1

    Default Konsole "background transparency not supported by desktop"

    Which package supports transparency for konsole on tumbleweed, I have a leap install that has this included already, but I don't know what it is.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Konsole "background transparency not supported by desktop"

    Quote Originally Posted by Nano_Python View Post
    Which package supports transparency for konsole on tumbleweed, I have a leap install that has this included already, but I don't know what it is.
    There is no special package needed for this.

    But it is broken in konsole 16.08.0:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=366368

    The fix has been added to the openSUSE package though and should already be in Tumbleweed, so install the latest packages.
    Though a comment in some other bug report seems to suggest that this is still broken in the case that konsole is restored on login by session management.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Konsole "background transparency not supported by desktop"

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    The fix has been added to the openSUSE package though and should already be in Tumbleweed, so install the latest packages.
    Small correction: the fix was not in Tumbleweed yet (sometimes it's hard to keep track of the constant changes), it only made it into today's newly released snapshot, see http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-f.../msg00166.html:
    [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20160905 released!
    From: Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxx>
    Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 03:56:42 +0200
    ...
    ==== konsole ====
    Subpackages: konsole-part

    - Add fix-transparency.patch to fix transparent backgrounds
    (kde#366368)

    ...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 08-Sep-2016 at 03:27.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Konsole "background transparency not supported by desktop"

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Small correction: the fix was not in Tumbleweed yet (sometimes it's hard to keep track of the constant changes), it only made it into today's newly released snapshot, see http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-f.../msg00166.html:
    After running an update today, it's now working again. Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •