Openchange status?

Hi all,
does anybody know what is the current status of Openchange relating to Akonadi?

From what I read, it seems Openchange could solve all problems of connecting to a corporate MS Exchange server, without all the hacks one tipically needs to get the job done (e.g. using Davmail).

It seems there has been a fairly good amount of work on Openchange and Akondai around 2009, but I do not find anything recent and I don’t find a related resource in current Akonadi. Do not confuse Openchange with OpenXchange which is a completely different beast (and it does have an Akonadi resource: akonadi_openxchange_resource).

I have read a few articles saying that it would have landed by KDE 4.3 (e.g. this one), but instead it seems to have completely vanished from the radar. The Openchange home page however reports of a fairly recent release (in mid-2015).

Does anybody have more infos?

Thank you in advance.
Cris

I don’t have any experience with openchange, but to help your evaluation…

The project’s Github repo is at
https://github.com/openchange/openchange

Besides noting the date of last changes, you should also inspect
Issues - These are open (not resolved) and can run the range of insignificant to show-stopper. Looks like currently 27 “open” toipics.

Pull Requests - These are actual code contributions that are waiting for review and a possible merge. When these are submitted, and how long it’s taking for a decision can indicate the level of Management interest and activity (Successful projects depend not only on code contributors but decision makers). And, of course each of these is supposed to solve a problem so the “problem” is currently unresolved… But like Issues the “problem” may be insignificant or significant.

HTH,
TSU

Thank you Tsu2!
Looking at this bug report I’d say you’re right about the state of the project. Even though on that same page I discovered that a fork exists which is much more active.
I guess KDE integration has been delayed/slashed however :frowning:

Cris