Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

  1. #1

    Exclamation Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Hello,

    I have Lenovo Yoga 500-14IHW with 2 graphic cards, one is the iGPU from Intel, the other is nVidia 920M. I installed the drivers and bumblebee from a custom repo, and it works as intended for all my selected apps by running them via optirun command (using ONLY the nVidia GPU), except for Eclipse (Developer Studio for WSO2 ESB). When I try to run the usual way:
    Code:
    optirun ./eclipse
    it throws the following error:





    The log is here. It worked, running it the same way, in Fedora 24.

    BTW: I got the latest Oracle Java installed (and correctly configured in alternatives)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,366
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Have you tried using primusrun instead of optirun?
    Code:
    primusrun ./eclipse
    And, have you tried running eclipse without specifying the GPU?

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Have you tried using primusrun instead of optirun?
    Code:
    primusrun ./eclipse
    And, have you tried running eclipse without specifying the GPU?

    TSU
    Yes, primusrun throws the same error. Running it without optirun or primusrun (just eclipse) works just fine, but the app is quite slow for me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Hello.
    Is it some similar to http://askubuntu.com/questions/51347.../530468#530468 they instructed us to change in /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc the value GtkComboBox::appears-as-list from 1 to 0.
    ASUS G46VW running openSUSE LEAP 42.1, Windows 8
    Samsung NP300V3A running openSUSE LEAP 42.1 Windows 7
    Some EEEPC running openSUSE LEAP 42.1, "Server" running sshfs, (mini)DLNA, NFS
    Raspberry Pi, Weezy, openSUSE 13.1 (two different SD-cards)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Or any of /usr/share/themes/anywindowhandler/gtk-2.0/gtkrc , maybe all
    ASUS G46VW running openSUSE LEAP 42.1, Windows 8
    Samsung NP300V3A running openSUSE LEAP 42.1 Windows 7
    Some EEEPC running openSUSE LEAP 42.1, "Server" running sshfs, (mini)DLNA, NFS
    Raspberry Pi, Weezy, openSUSE 13.1 (two different SD-cards)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,366
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    One possibility,
    According to Arch Bumblebee, there can be a problem supporting compositing Window Managers, ie the ability to support hardware acceleration and display advanced graphics like 3D
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...indow_managers

    You didn't state what Desktop you installed, in general KDE by default enables and tries to utilize these types of features.
    You can try turning off those features or try a different Window Manager or maybe even run a completely different Desktop (like MinimalX, LXDE or XFCE).

    If you'd like to try different Window Managers, choose from the dropdown using the Yast sysconfig editor module and logout or reboot,
    YAST > System > /etc/sysconfig editor > Desktop > Window manager > DEFAULT_WM

    In any case, this is just a guess but I also don't see any troubleshooting methods that can pin down this kind of problem, articles just say "slow performance."

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Quote Originally Posted by quinness View Post
    Or any of /usr/share/themes/anywindowhandler/gtk-2.0/gtkrc , maybe all
    Changing it did not help, nor did changing to a different theme (default as well).

  8. #8

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    One possibility,
    According to Arch Bumblebee, there can be a problem supporting compositing Window Managers, ie the ability to support hardware acceleration and display advanced graphics like 3D
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...indow_managers

    You didn't state what Desktop you installed, in general KDE by default enables and tries to utilize these types of features.
    You can try turning off those features or try a different Window Manager or maybe even run a completely different Desktop (like MinimalX, LXDE or XFCE).

    If you'd like to try different Window Managers, choose from the dropdown using the Yast sysconfig editor module and logout or reboot,
    YAST > System > /etc/sysconfig editor > Desktop > Window manager > DEFAULT_WM

    In any case, this is just a guess but I also don't see any troubleshooting methods that can pin down this kind of problem, articles just say "slow performance."

    TSU
    I have got GNOME 3.16.2 installed, is there a way to install a newest one on Leap 42.1?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Somebody knows this better. Is it some microcode issue? Is it haswell cpu that needs top-of-the-line kernel?
    ASUS G46VW running openSUSE LEAP 42.1, Windows 8
    Samsung NP300V3A running openSUSE LEAP 42.1 Windows 7
    Some EEEPC running openSUSE LEAP 42.1, "Server" running sshfs, (mini)DLNA, NFS
    Raspberry Pi, Weezy, openSUSE 13.1 (two different SD-cards)

  10. #10

    Default Re: Optirun cant run eclipse (nVidia card only mode)

    Quote Originally Posted by quinness View Post
    Somebody knows this better. Is it some microcode issue? Is it haswell cpu that needs top-of-the-line kernel?
    I do not know that, is it possible? It does not seem probable to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •