Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Problem with vlc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Managua
    Posts
    400

    Default Problem with vlc

    I am having this problem with vlc.

    Code:
    easgs@linux-4ns1:~> vlc
    VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.4)
    [00000000010e80b8] core libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
    [00000000011ff608] core interface error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/gui/libqt4_plugin.so
    [00007fcc20030c28] core generic error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/gui/libqt4_plugin.so
    [00000000011ff608] skins2 interface error: no suitable dialogs provider found (hint: compile the qt4 plugin, and make sure it is loaded properly)
    [00000000011ff608] skins2 interface error: cannot instantiate qt4 dialogs provider
    [00000000011ff608] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host "*console".
    VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax
    Command Line Interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
    > ^C[00000000011ff608] [cli] lua interface error: Error loading script /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/intf/cli.luac: lua/intf/modules/host.lua:279: Interrupted.
    easgs@linux-4ns1:~>

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Quote Originally Posted by Easgs View Post
    I am having this problem with vlc.

    Code:
    easgs@linux-4ns1:~> vlc
    VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.4)
    [00000000010e80b8] core libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
    [00000000011ff608] core interface error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/gui/libqt4_plugin.so
    [00007fcc20030c28] core generic error: corrupt module: /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/gui/libqt4_plugin.so
    [00000000011ff608] skins2 interface error: no suitable dialogs provider found (hint: compile the qt4 plugin, and make sure it is loaded properly)
    [00000000011ff608] skins2 interface error: cannot instantiate qt4 dialogs provider
    [00000000011ff608] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host "*console".
    VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax
    Command Line Interface initialized. Type `help' for help.
    > ^C[00000000011ff608] [cli] lua interface error: Error loading script /usr/lib64/vlc/lua/intf/cli.luac: lua/intf/modules/host.lua:279: Interrupted.
    easgs@linux-4ns1:~>
    looks like you haven't updated Qt5, vlc builds with the current Qt 5.5.1 libraries from the update repo I think you have the old Qt 5.3 from the oss/dvd repo,
    just do an update
    Code:
    sudo zypper up
    you could also post your repo list so we can see if you didn't accidentally add an incompatible repo (mixing tw or 13.x and leap repo's will give the same error)
    post the output of
    Code:
    zypper lr -d

  3. #3

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    looks like you haven't updated Qt5, vlc builds with the current Qt 5.5.1 libraries from the update repo I think you have the old Qt 5.3 from the oss/dvd repo,
    Well, actually there's Qt 5.5.0 in the main repo and DVD. 5.3(.2) was shipped in 13.2 already...

    But yes, that's the likely reason for the problem.
    Or some mixture of incompatible Qt5 packages, from different repos.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 17-Aug-2016 at 16:38.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, actually there's Qt 5.5.0 in the main repo and DVD...

    But yes, that's the likely reason for the problem.
    Or some mixture of incompatible Qt5 packages, from different repos.
    I mixed up the kde 5 with the Qt 5 versions
    but that does look like a Qt mixmatch error

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Managua
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Code:
    linux-4ns1:/home/easgs # zypper lr -d
    #  | Alias                     | Nombre                                  | Habilitado | Comprobación GPG | Actualizar | Prioridad | Tipo   | URI                                                                                    | Servicio
    ---+---------------------------+-----------------------------------------+------------+------------------+------------+-----------+--------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------
     1 | ftp.gwdg.de-suse          | Packman Repository                      | Si         | (r ) Si          | Si         |   99      | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/                          |         
     2 | openSUSE-42.1-0           | openSUSE-42.1-0                         | Si         | (r ) Si          | No         |   99      | yast2  | cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-VMware_Virtual_IDE_CDROM_Drive_10000000000000000001 |         
     3 | opensuse-guide.org-repo   | Libdvdcss Repository                    | Si         | (r ) Si          | Si         |   99      | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/                                     |         
     4 | repo-debug                | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Debug                | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/oss/                    |         
     5 | repo-debug-non-oss        | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Debug-Non-Oss        | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/non-oss/                |         
     6 | repo-debug-update         | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update-Debug         | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.1/oss                                |         
     7 | repo-debug-update-non-oss | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update-Debug-Non-Oss | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/42.1/non-oss/                           |         
     8 | repo-non-oss              | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Non-Oss              | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/non-oss/                      |         
     9 | repo-oss                  | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Oss                  | Si         | (r ) Si          | Si         |   99      | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/oss/                          |         
    10 | repo-source               | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Source               | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/42.1/repo/oss/                   |         
    11 | repo-update               | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update               | Si         | (r ) Si          | Si         |   99      | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.1/oss/                                     |         
    12 | repo-update-non-oss       | openSUSE-Leap-42.1-Update-Non-Oss       | No         | ----             | Si         |   99      | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.1/non-oss/                                 |         
    linux-4ns1:/home/easgs #

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Managua
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Code:
    linux-4ns1:/home/easgs # zypper up
    Obteniendo los datos del repositorio...
    Leyendo los paquetes instalados...
    
    Las siguientes 33 actualizaciones NO serán instaladas:
      amarok amarok-lang dolphin4 fdupes gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-lang gstreamer-0_10-plugin-esd
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-lang gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-lang k3b k3b-lang ksnapshot libavcodec56 libavformat56 libavutil54
      libgstapp-0_10-0 libgstinterfaces-0_10-0 libgstreamer-0_10-0 libkdcraw23 libkexiv2-11 libkface3 libkgeomap2
      libkipi11 libksane0 libmjpegutils-2_0-0 libquicktime0 libsox3 libswresample1 mjpegtools sox xembed-sni-proxy..........
    
    .............shared-mime-info shared-mime-info-lang shim snapper
      snapper-zypp-plugin snmp-mibs solid-imports solid-tools star strace subversion sudo suse-module-tools sweeper
      sysconfig sysconfig-netconfig syslinux systemd systemd-32bit systemd-bash-completion systemd-logger
      systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE systemd-sysvinit systemsettings5 systemsettings5-lang tar tar-lang tcpdump
      tigervnc timezone translation-update translation-update-es typelib-1_0-GdkPixbuf-2_0 typelib-1_0-Gtk-2_0
      typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0 typelib-1_0-Polkit-1_0 ucode-amd udev util-linux util-linux-lang util-linux-systemd w3m
      webkit2gtk-4_0-injected-bundles wicked wicked-service xdg-utils xdm xfsprogs xorg-x11-server xorg-x11-Xvnc
      xscreensaver-data xscreensaver-data-extra yast2 yast2-bootloader yast2-firewall yast2-inetd
      yast2-installation yast2-mail yast2-network yast2-ntp-client yast2-packager yast2-samba-server
      yast2-services-manager yast2-storage yast2-update yast2-users zypper zypper-aptitude zypper-log
    
    Los siguientes 27 patrones van a ser actualizados:
      base devel_basis enhanced_base enhanced_base_opt fonts fonts_opt games imaging imaging_opt kde kde_games
      kde_imaging kde_internet kde_multimedia kde_plasma kde_utilities kde_utilities_opt kde_yast multimedia
      multimedia_opt non_oss non_oss_opt sw_management sw_management_kde x11 x11_opt yast2_basis
    
    852 paquetes a actualizar, 250 nuevos, 11 a quitar.
    Overall download size: 1,20 GiB. Already cached: 0 B. Después de la operación, se utilizarán 1,6 GiB
    adicionales.
    ¿Desea continuar? [s/n/? mostrar todas las opciones] (s):

    852 paquetes a actualizar, 250 nuevos, 11 a quitar.
    Overall download size: 1,20 GiB. Already cached: 0 B. Después de la operación, se utilizarán 1,6 GiB
    I think that is too much just to make vlc work, is there a way to just update the only necessary packages?, I have had very bad experiences making updates.


    thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Quote Originally Posted by Easgs View Post
    Code:
    linux-4ns1:/home/easgs # zypper up
    Obteniendo los datos del repositorio...
    Leyendo los paquetes instalados...
    
    Las siguientes 33 actualizaciones NO serán instaladas:
      amarok amarok-lang dolphin4 fdupes gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-lang gstreamer-0_10-plugin-esd
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base-lang gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
      gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good-lang k3b k3b-lang ksnapshot libavcodec56 libavformat56 libavutil54
      libgstapp-0_10-0 libgstinterfaces-0_10-0 libgstreamer-0_10-0 libkdcraw23 libkexiv2-11 libkface3 libkgeomap2
      libkipi11 libksane0 libmjpegutils-2_0-0 libquicktime0 libsox3 libswresample1 mjpegtools sox xembed-sni-proxy..........
    
    .............shared-mime-info shared-mime-info-lang shim snapper
      snapper-zypp-plugin snmp-mibs solid-imports solid-tools star strace subversion sudo suse-module-tools sweeper
      sysconfig sysconfig-netconfig syslinux systemd systemd-32bit systemd-bash-completion systemd-logger
      systemd-presets-branding-openSUSE systemd-sysvinit systemsettings5 systemsettings5-lang tar tar-lang tcpdump
      tigervnc timezone translation-update translation-update-es typelib-1_0-GdkPixbuf-2_0 typelib-1_0-Gtk-2_0
      typelib-1_0-Gtk-3_0 typelib-1_0-Polkit-1_0 ucode-amd udev util-linux util-linux-lang util-linux-systemd w3m
      webkit2gtk-4_0-injected-bundles wicked wicked-service xdg-utils xdm xfsprogs xorg-x11-server xorg-x11-Xvnc
      xscreensaver-data xscreensaver-data-extra yast2 yast2-bootloader yast2-firewall yast2-inetd
      yast2-installation yast2-mail yast2-network yast2-ntp-client yast2-packager yast2-samba-server
      yast2-services-manager yast2-storage yast2-update yast2-users zypper zypper-aptitude zypper-log
    
    Los siguientes 27 patrones van a ser actualizados:
      base devel_basis enhanced_base enhanced_base_opt fonts fonts_opt games imaging imaging_opt kde kde_games
      kde_imaging kde_internet kde_multimedia kde_plasma kde_utilities kde_utilities_opt kde_yast multimedia
      multimedia_opt non_oss non_oss_opt sw_management sw_management_kde x11 x11_opt yast2_basis
    
    852 paquetes a actualizar, 250 nuevos, 11 a quitar.
    Overall download size: 1,20 GiB. Already cached: 0 B. Después de la operación, se utilizarán 1,6 GiB
    adicionales.
    ¿Desea continuar? [s/n/? mostrar todas las opciones] (s):



    I think that is too much just to make vlc work, is there a way to just update the only necessary packages?, I have had very bad experiences making updates.


    thanks
    opensuse uses delta rpm's for the update repo, so while the amount of data modified is more then 1 Gib the amount of data downloaded will be 10-20% of that or 100-200 MB or maybe even less, you really should keep your OS updated LEAP is almost a year old there have been a lot of security and stability updates since it came out.
    read up about delta rpm's here
    http://doc.opensuse.org/documentatio...#sec.rpm.delta
    Delta RPM packages contain the difference between an old and a new version of an RPM package. Applying a delta RPM onto an old RPM results in a completely new RPM. It is not necessary to have a copy of the old RPM because a delta RPM can also work with an installed RPM. The delta RPM packages are even smaller in size than patch RPMs, which is an advantage when transferring update packages over the Internet. The drawback is that update operations with delta RPMs involved consume considerably more CPU cycles than plain or patch RPMs.
    that being said I can not tell you how much will be downloaded but rest assured it will be a lot less then 1.4G

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Managua
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Just to know, is there or are there especific files that need to be updated to make vlc work?

    I think I will be testing other video players instead, I have a lot of data (more than 400 gb in multimedia files) in the home partition of this pc and if I damage the OS I have no external back up to make a reinstall, hope this is fixed in the 42.2 release, I like Vlc.

    thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    to get multimedia working you need to do a full vendor change with the packman repo, you do not have to use vlc as there are other players (kaffeine that comes with kde 5 is nice so is smplayer)
    to get multimedia working you need to do
    Code:
    zypper dup --from 1
    this is a must as openSUSE does not provide patented codecs so even if you do an update your multimedia (including vlc) will not work if you have not done a vendor change to packman!
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Vendor_c..._Vendor_change
    you can use Yast for the vendor change but the zypper way is simpler

  10. #10

    Default Re: Problem with vlc

    Quote Originally Posted by Easgs View Post
    Just to know, is there or are there especific files that need to be updated to make vlc work?
    It likely will suffice to just update the Qt5 packages (i.e. libQt5* and libqt5*).
    I'd strongly recommend to install all updates though.

    I think I will be testing other video players instead, I have a lot of data (more than 400 gb in multimedia files) in the home partition of this pc and if I damage the OS I have no external back up to make a reinstall, hope this is fixed in the 42.2 release, I like Vlc.
    The home partition won't be touched by updates, and the updates should not do any damage (that's one reason why the policy is to only provide bugfix and security updates, not new feature versions, as official updates normally).

    If you use btrfs (the default for the system partition since openSUSE 13.2), you'd also be able to easily revert to the old state in the unlikely case there are problems.
    You can even boot a previous snapshot by selecting this in the boot menu.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •