Thread: Digikam 5.0.0 missing kipi-plugins-geolocation

Default Digikam 5.0.0 missing kipi-plugins-geolocation

Hi,

I installed Digikam 5.0.0 from KDE Extra. Seems to be working ok otherwise, but there is no geolocation. For 4.14 there was a separate packet, kipi-plugins-geolocation, I can't find that for 5.0.0. Does 5.0.0 still require that separate packet or should geolocation functionality be available from the main packet, so, is this a case of missing packet or broken Digikam? And in either case, is there anything I can do to fix it myself (as an end user with no developer skills) or should I just wait for a fix to appear?

Thanks.

Default Re: Digikam 5.0.0 missing kipi-plugins-geolocation

Quote Originally Posted by nimeton View Post
    I installed Digikam 5.0.0 from KDE Extra. Seems to be working ok otherwise, but there is no geolocation. For 4.14 there was a separate packet, kipi-plugins-geolocation, I can't find that for 5.0.0. Does 5.0.0 still require that separate packet or should geolocation functionality be available from the main packet, so, is this a case of missing packet or broken Digikam?
    Just to avoid a possible misunderstanding: the 4.14 package won't work with digikam5.

And in either case, is there anything I can do to fix it myself (as an end user with no developer skills) or should I just wait for a fix to appear?
    Well, kipi-plugins obsoletes kipi-plugins-geolocation.

So it's either in kipi-plugins itself now (do you have that installed?), or it is missing.

In the latter case, it's either some missing build requirement, or it has been removed upstream, nothing that you can fix as user though.
    I'll have a look...

OTOH, digikam 5.1.0 has been released recently, an update is pending.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Just to avoid a possible misunderstanding: the 4.14 package won't work with digikam5.
    Yes, that I know. It's not installed.

Also 4.14 has a bug in it, reverse geocoding does not work, but that should be fixed in 5.0.0.

Well, kipi-plugins obsoletes kipi-plugins-geolocation.

So it's either in kipi-plugins itself now (do you have that installed?), or it is missing.

In the latter case, it's either some missing build requirement, or it has been removed upstream, nothing that you can fix as user though.
    I'll have a look...
    I do have kipi-plugins installed. Also, I've checked from Digikam -> Settings -> Configure -> Kipi Plugins, there's no geolocation plugin selectable. So not a case of plugin being available but not enabled.

OTOH, digikam 5.1.0 has been released recently, an update is pending.
    It seems to have become available in repos today. Just installed it. Unfortunately, still no geolocation.

Quote Originally Posted by nimeton View Post
    I do have kipi-plugins installed. Also, I've checked from Digikam -> Settings -> Configure -> Kipi Plugins, there's no geolocation plugin selectable. So not a case of plugin being available but not enabled.

It seems to have become available in repos today. Just installed it. Unfortunately, still no geolocation.
    AFAICS it is missing indeed.

A quick look at the CMakeLists.txt suggests that digikam needs to build against marble to have the geolocation plugin.
    But we do that.
    And there's no mention about anything missing in the build log.

Hm.
    I will try to investigate.

A quick look at the CMakeLists.txt suggests that digikam needs to build against marble to have the geolocation plugin.
    But we do that.
    And there's no mention about anything missing in the build log.
    Sorry, I looked at the build for Tumbleweed before, there is indeed a problem in the buildlog for Leap 42.1:
    Code:
    [  315s] -- Could NOT find marble (missing:  ASTRO_LIBRARIES)
    [  315s] -- MARBLE_FOUND       = FALSE
    [  318s] --  libmarble found.......................... NO  (optional)
    [  318s] --  digiKam will be compiled without geolocation maps support.
    [  318s] --  Please install the libmarble (version >= 0.22.0) development package.
    The problem seems to be that we renamed libastro to libastro-qt5 in previous marble versions (i.e. the one in Leap 42.1) to prevent conflicts with the KDE4 version.
    digikam5 had a patch to use libastro-qt5, but that has been removed as it is not needed in Tumbleweed any more.

I'll try to add it again (for Leap 42.1), let's hope it gets accepted...

May take a while though.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 10-Aug-2016 at 07:31.

This will hopefully "fix" it for Leap 42.1:
    https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/418335

Has yet to be accepted though...

This will hopefully "fix" it for Leap 42.1:
    Well, that worked, Digikam 5.1.0 now has geolocation. Thank you kindly!

Not to say that Digikam is now without problems, but they may well come from upstream. Reverse geocoding still does not work, the last time it worked was in 4.0 or whatever the version was in early January. Also, starting Digikam takes quite long. The loading screen stays about 1min at Reading database (mysql, 100k+ images so I guess this is acceptable), and about 2min at Loading KIPI plugins (I have no plugins enabled in Settings -> Configure -> Kipi Plugins).