Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

  1. #1

    Default Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    I need ckb for my keyboard and mouse RGB Corsair


    If anybody can help me to know how to install this please


    https://github.com/ccMSC/ckb

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    10,924
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    Looks to me that you can follow the Linux compile from source instructions using the dependencies listed for Fedora.
    The following command will install those dependencies
    Code:
    zypper in zlib-devel qt5-qtbase-devel libgudev-devel libappindicator-devel systemd-devel gcc-c++
    After the above command, you can continue from "Linux Installation : Installing"

    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    Thanks a million tsu2 .

    I actually did that and fixed my own answer. i figured those fedora command would work vice versa

    I had to search tho in the YaSt manager manually to find them. As when i did
    Code:
    sudo zypper
    Code:
    zlib-devel qt5-qtbase-devel libgudev-devel libappindicator-devel systemd-devel gcc-c++
    it brought back command zlib-devel command not found not sure why it did that but when i looked in YaSt it was already installed . So not sure why it just didn't say that and move on to the rest of the packages. And one more package on there libgudev-devel look for libgudev installed libgudev-1_0-devel.

    Now working flawlessly my corsair RGB mouse keyboard.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    Ok for some reason ckb software isn't working anymore in my openSUSE. In Arch it Works fine so not sure what the issue is now

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    no need to compile as someone has already build it on OBS
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/ckb
    to install it just run (you don't need the repo)
    Code:
    zypper in http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/hgraeber:/Qt5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1_Update/x86_64/ckb-0.2.5-4.3.x86_64.rpm
    or rebuild ckb with rpmbuild from this source rpm http://download.opensuse.org/reposit....5-4.3.src.rpm

  6. #6

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    no need to compile as someone has already build it on OBS
    http://software.opensuse.org/package/ckb
    to install it just run (you don't need the repo)
    Code:
    zypper in http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/hgraeber:/Qt5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1_Update/x86_64/ckb-0.2.5-4.3.x86_64.rpm
    or rebuild ckb with rpmbuild from this source rpm http://download.opensuse.org/reposit....5-4.3.src.rpm

    sorry for the confession.
    What mean is i already had it complied and it was working for awhile and then just stopped on openSUSE for some reason. Not sure if corsair was had firmware update or something i had that happen before and had to wait for the dev to update the ckb program. But i don't believe so because its working on Arch install. So i will try that rpm and see if it works. Thank you I_A

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by wherewolf View Post
    sorry for the confession.
    What mean is i already had it complied and it was working for awhile and then just stopped on openSUSE for some reason. Not sure if corsair was had firmware update or something i had that happen before and had to wait for the dev to update the ckb program. But i don't believe so because its working on Arch install. So i will try that rpm and see if it works. Thank you I_A
    I don't have that kind of hardware experience, what you want depends on the way you compiled it and where it got installed, this might be a problem, the good thing about zypper and the rpm format is that zypper checks dependencies and downloads needed files, just doing make install might not be sufficient.
    If you didn't change any config files or use any extra flags the driver should be in /usr/local/ and you can manually remove the files then reboot your pc or better yet run the command make uninstall (if the ckb devs included an uninstall part in their config script)
    I have no idea why the app stopped working, you can ask on their development page?
    if it was me I'd remove the manually compiled files with make uninstall and then install the rpm file.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Need help installing ckb openSUSE

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    I don't have that kind of hardware experience, what you want depends on the way you compiled it and where it got installed, this might be a problem, the good thing about zypper and the rpm format is that zypper checks dependencies and downloads needed files, just doing make install might not be sufficient.
    If you didn't change any config files or use any extra flags the driver should be in /usr/local/ and you can manually remove the files then reboot your pc or better yet run the command make uninstall (if the ckb devs included an uninstall part in their config script)
    I have no idea why the app stopped working, you can ask on their development page?
    if it was me I'd remove the manually compiled files with make uninstall and then install the rpm file.

    Just installed that rpm and doesn't seem to work! But i'm having other problem with openSUSE which i do not know what caused these issues. SO i might have to end up doing a full reinstall of openSUSE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •