rpm installer

Hello,
I`m new to openSUSE i use Leap 42.1 and I have question.
When I download rpm file I install it with zypper in {file}.rpm
My question is there have a rpm installer like a gdebi for debian based distors ?
I want to install rpm files directly without Konzole
I Use KDE
Thanks and sorry for my English!

That should not happen too often. Most software is available in the standard repositories or in extra repositories and can thus easily be installed using YaST > Software.

Installing RPMs you found “somewhere on the internet” has several drawbacks (like dependencies not automaticaly installing when available at all). The fact that you in those cases have to use the CLI probably is only minor to the other things you have to solve.

But, IIRC, right click on an RPM file inside Dolphin should give you the possibility to use Software install/deinstall.

It is a problem to use often zypper in comand ?

But, IIRC, right click on an RPM file inside Dolphin should give you the possibility to use Software install/deinstall.

Sorry but I can`t find install/deinstall when I right click on rpm file.
I just want when I doubleclik on prm start installing. Now when use doubleclick prm file is open with Ark.
Is this a possible ?

Right click then “open with”

There seems to be a bug associated with your KDE Desktop. I verified that a default KDE installs with Ark associated with RPM files
On a system running LXDE, double-clicking on an RPM file correctly opens YAST Software Manager.

To fix this file association in KDE,
Open Dolphin.
Find any RPM file (can be the one which is incorrectly opening in Ark).
Rt-click and select “properties.”
Select the “File Type Options” button
Click the “Add” button
At the top of the window, enter the following line and then click “OK” button to lock in your new entry

/sbin/yast2 sw_single %F

The above adds the YAST Add/Remove software and automatically gives it top priority, so

You will now find that if you rt-click on any RPM file (using Dolphin) or double-click on any RPM file, the package will automatically open using YAST Software Manager.

I’ve only done some superficial testing on a KDE machine to see if it works, but is not to be considered fully tested.

HTH,
TSU

Just to clarify further, this needs to be done with root privileges, so the command should look like

xdg-su -c "/sbin/yast2 sw_single %F"

Also mentioned here…
https://forums.opensuse.org/blog.php/122

Yes, you can implement the “xdg-su -c” also, but curiously, I found that the graphical dialog box prompting the User to authorize elevated permissions was automatically invoked anyway.

Perhaps the full command you quoted is better, but either way works.

TSU

When I attempt to execute as regular user (KDE Plasma 5 environment), I don’t get prompted for root credentials, but instead get the following meesage

Root Privileges Needed

This module must be run as root.
If you continue now this module may not function properly.
For example, some settings can be read improperly
and it is unlikely that the settings can be written.

The difference in behaviour might be due to the .desktop file. I have

[Desktop Entry]
Comment[en_GB]=
Comment=
Exec=xdg-su -c "/sbin/yast2 sw_single %F"
GenericName[en_GB]=
GenericName=
MimeType=application/x-rpm;
Name[en_GB]=Software Installer
Name=Software Installer
NoDisplay=true
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

However, the following alternative does work (ie /sbin/yast2 sw_single %F) if I use ‘X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true’ and ‘X-KDE-Username=root’

[Desktop Entry]
Comment[en_GB]=
Comment=
Exec=/sbin/yast2 sw_single %F
GenericName[en_GB]=
GenericName=
MimeType=application/x-rpm;
Name[en_GB]=Software Installer
Name=Software Installer
NoDisplay=true
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=true
X-KDE-Username=root

I add

xdg-su -c "/sbin/yast2 sw_single %F"

and now when i double click on my downloaded .rpm file ask me for password after I input my password installing start and everything is correctly ;);)rotfl!rotfl!
Thank you very much for support.
But with:

/sbin/yast2 sw_single %F 

ask rooot privilege and installing was failed…

***Thnak you all.

Very nice.

So, “xdg-su -c” is absolutely the recommendation.

TSU