Thread: yast-install software, installing to flash drive? KDE

Default yast-install software, installing to flash drive? KDE

Every time I try to install any software through yast. I get a message saying 'running out of space on flash drive'. I'm not installing to a flash drive. ??

Default Re: yast-install software, installing to flash drive? KDE

In yast package installer, when I do online updates. It will say my flash drives space is nearly empty on all installing. I'm getting this again. There are many gstreamer updates.

Blog Entries

There is a confirmed bug

https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=962226

Not sure that the fix was backported... (apparently not if bug report reflects current reality)

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    There is a confirmed bug

https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=962226

Not sure that the fix was backported... (apparently not if bug report reflects current reality)
    Thanks for the info.

This happens also to any other kind of device mounted from USB connections; I mean you should see it for external HDDs either, not just for flash drivers.

And ... it manifests if the device's label contains space(s) in their label !
    If you change the label so that it will not contains any spaces any more, you'll not see this message any more.
    Linux user #179833

Quote Originally Posted by corneld View Post
    This happens also to any other kind of device mounted from USB connections; I mean you should see it for external HDDs either, not just for flash drivers.

And ... it manifests if the device's label contains space(s) in their label !
    If you change the label so that it will not contains any spaces any more, you'll not see this message any more.
    The flash drive I'm using has a space in the partition label. In an irony, it's used to test my script ability to handle spaces in drive labels. It works.