Thread: Nothing provides libQt5Core.so.5(qt_5.6.0_PRIVATE_API)(64bit) needed by phython3-qt5

Default Nothing provides libQt5Core.so.5(qt_5.6.0_PRIVATE_API)(64bit) needed by phython3-qt5

I am trying to install an app which requires python3-qt5 but when I try to install it it gave the error in the title. Should I go with the option "break ...the dependence.."?

In fact I had it installed before but a recent update broke my KDE desktop panel so I used "zypper dup" which fixed my problem. Now it seems python3-qt5 was gone after the "zypper dup" fix.

Thanks.

Default Re: Nothing provides libQt5Core.so.5(qt_5.6.0_PRIVATE_API)(64bit) needed by phython3-qt5

I have the same problem trying to install Calibre. I tried adding the Qt5.6 repo and installing libQt5Core from there but it did not help.
    OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Plasma 5

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nothing provides libQt5Core.so.5(qt_5.6.0_PRIVATE_API)(64bit) needed by phython3-qt5

Install the python3 repo for Tumbleweed. Run the following in a root console, then refresh and search for your package
    Code:
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python3/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ TW_Python3
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Hi !

Same problem here. I read something in mailing list about this.
    And maybe this answer of Dimstar may be bring some light: http://dominique.leuenberger.net/blo...comment-289607

Now I'm working with Xfce, waiting this be updated...

've phun
    Registered GNU/Linux user:#528067 - openSUSE Tumbleweed + KDE

"we are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
    Richard Dawkins

Thanks for the update.

This seems to have been fixed now. I installed calibre successfully.