Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Exception dom.storage.default_quota when running an addon for Firefox 47.0 in Opensuse Leap 42.1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    77

    Default Exception dom.storage.default_quota when running an addon for Firefox 47.0 in Opensuse Leap 42.1

    Hi,

    after upgrading Firefox to version 47.0 in my Leap 42.1, I started to observe that addon "Friends who listen" did not work anymore (as it did up to version 46).
    After some investigation (including debugging the Javascript withing this addon) I discovered that at some point it gives this exception:
    dom.storage.default_quota

    I already found a workaround from here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jir...751633975.html
    (different source, same behaviour -- but this one was rather old, I see).
    By increasing this parameter in about:config, from default 5120 to 10240, now the addon works again. Increase of memory consumption is insignificant for me anyway (Firefox already is at about 1 GB in RAM, from the 4GB total...).

    But, nonetheless, I wonder what change in the Firefox "for" Opensuse did this ?

    Because version 47.0 in a Windows system did not have this issue.
    Also, same addon, the variant for Google Chrome, also did not have this issue (OK, different browser, with different methods).
    I couldn't try Firefox + this addon for Fedora, or other Linux, but I feel this would also work OK.
    Am I wrong about it ?

    Thanks,
    Cornel
    Linux user #179833

  2. #2

    Default Re: Exception dom.storage.default_quota when running an addon forFirefox 47.0 in Opensuse Leap 42.1

    Am 14.06.2016 um 11:36 schrieb corneld:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > after upgrading Firefox to version 47.0 in my Leap 42.1, I started to
    > observe that addon "Friends who listen" did not work anymore (as it did
    > up to version 46).
    > After some investigation (including debugging the Javascript withing
    > this addon) I discovered that at some point it gives this exception:
    > DOM.STORAGE.DEFAULT_QUOTA
    > I already found a workaround from here: http://tinyurl.com/h6myex7
    > (different source, same behaviour -- but this one was rather old, I
    > see).
    > By increasing this parameter in about:config, from default 5120 to
    > 10240, now the addon works again. Increase of memory consumption is
    > insignificant for me anyway (Firefox already is at about 1 GB in RAM,
    > from the 4GB total...).
    >
    > But, nonetheless, I wonder what change in the Firefox "for" Opensuse did
    > this ?


    The openSUSE package does not contain any modifications in that area.
    So if it's different on Windows it might be an upstream difference
    between Linux and Windows.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,743

    Default Re: Exception dom.storage.default_quota when running an addon for Firefox 47.0 in Opensuse Leap 42.

    From https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo.../releasenotes/

    FUEL (Firefox User Extension Library) has been removed. Add-ons relying on it will stop working.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Exception dom.storage.default_quota when running an addon for Firefox 47.0 in Opensuse Leap 42.

    Hmm ... that's interesting...
    The same downgrade from version 47.0-24.1 to 47.0-6.1 (see here: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...=1#post2782416) solved this issue also !
    That is ... after this small downgrade, I tried to revert the setting for parameter dom.storage.default_quota to it's default value.
    And now the addon works also, without that error/exception.


    P.S. Before that, I also did gave a try to the "upstream" version of Firefox (downloaded directly from Mozilla site, the 64 version). After backing-up and removing folder ~/.mozilla so as to start anew hat downloaded edition, installing the addon again ... it worked without any error, also with that parameter at it's default value.
    Anyway, I suspect at least part of the problem with that addon is also due to a very large cache accumulated to my .mozilla folder, especially as that addon is regarded (which has it's particular cache for it's internal needs), so now I have a rather empty cache folder, also.
    Still, I can't help but to suspect something is not quite right with version 47.0-24.1 in this regard (parameter dom.storage.default_quota) also.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •