how to remove complete LXQT?

Hi
I use this command for installed lxqt

sudo zypper in -t pattern LXQT 

But,now I want to remove complete?
how to remove complete?

Just leave it as it is. It will not use much disk space I assume.

It probably best to just leave it since uninstall may remove things other desktops may need. It just takes up a little space and does not run unless you run it.

But if you insist in possibly shooting your foot best to use Yast

Thanks
I have a question
Can I install opensuse Tumbleweed alongside opensuse leap 42.1?

Using dual boot.

Or virtual (one as guest of the other or v.v., or both as guests on another one).

I want to use dual boot.
can I?

Why not? You can multi-boot all sorts of Linux distributions and versions thereof with or without Windows and maybe others operating sysems. That is where multi boot software is made for.

In fact I always first test a new openSUSE version multi-boot with the production version (first with it’s own copy of the home directory). Then, on D-Day, I change the default version in the boot menu (and give it an up-to-date home directory) and I can still go to the old one when need arises.

Many people multi-boot Ubuntu, openSUSE and more for all sorts of reasons.

Make a record of all packages there where installed with LXQT, then later remove them.

You could keep an lxqt-uninstall.sh containing the list of these packages.

**mintaka:/ #** zypper install -t pattern LXQT

The following 5 applications are going to be installed:
  "GNOME Package Updater""PCManFM File Manager"QupZilla "Simple Scan"xfce4-screenshooter

The following 65 NEW packages are going to be installed:
  exo-lang exo-tools gnome-packagekit gnome-packagekit-lang libexo-1-0 libexo-1-0-branding-openSUSE libfm4
  libfm-extra4 libfm-qt5-2 libgnomesu libgnomesu0 libgnomesu-lang liblxqt0 liblxqt-globalkeys0
  liblxqt-globalkeys-ui0 liblxqtmount0 libmenu-cache3 libnm-gtk0 libQt5Xdg1 libsysstat-qt5-0 libunique-1_0-0
  libxfce4ui-1-0 libxfce4ui-2-0 libxfce4ui-branding-openSUSE libxfce4ui-lang libxfce4ui-tools libxfce4util7
  libxfce4util-lang libxfconf-0-2 lxqt-about lxqt-common lxqt-config lxqt-globalkeys lxqt-notificationd
  lxqt-openssh-askpass lxqt-panel lxqt-policykit lxqt-runner lxqt-session menu-cache NetworkManager-gnome
  NetworkManager-gnome-lang obconf openbox pam-modules pam-modules-32bit patterns-openSUSE-lxqt
  patterns-openSUSE-remote_desktop pcmanfm-qt pk-update-icon pk-update-icon-lang qupzilla
  qupzilla-gnome-keyring qupzilla-kwallet rdesktop simple-scan simple-scan-lang xfce4-power-manager
  xfce4-power-manager-branding-openSUSE xfce4-power-manager-lang xfce4-screenshooter
  xfce4-screenshooter-lang xfconf xfconf-lang xscreensaver

The following 2 NEW patterns are going to be installed:
  lxqt remote_desktop

The following 36 recommended packages were automatically selected:
  exo-lang exo-tools gnome-packagekit-lang libgnomesu-lang libxfce4ui-branding-openSUSE libxfce4ui-lang
  libxfce4util-lang lxqt-about lxqt-common lxqt-config lxqt-globalkeys lxqt-notificationd
  lxqt-openssh-askpass lxqt-panel lxqt-policykit lxqt-runner lxqt-session NetworkManager-gnome
  NetworkManager-gnome-lang obconf openbox patterns-openSUSE-remote_desktop pcmanfm-qt pk-update-icon
  pk-update-icon-lang qupzilla rdesktop simple-scan simple-scan-lang xfce4-power-manager
  xfce4-power-manager-lang xfce4-screenshooter xfce4-screenshooter-lang xfconf xfconf-lang xscreensaver

If you have already install LXQT and does not have the list, you could try zypper install --force to get list of packages.

I am not sure that that is a 100% working solution.

The Pattern consists a list of packages, but some of those packages may already have been installed (e.g. as dependencies of other software). Thus de-installing all packages that are in the Pattern might try to de-install packages you need.

Also consider that, depending on how long ago you did the pattern install, newer installed software may need packages that are in the pattern list. In that case, even having a list what was actualy installed might be out of date.

Of course YaST/zypper will warn you, but the whole is more of a try and error action. Not worth the trouble IMHO. Just leave it as it is. When you in the future upgrade to a newer openSUSE version, you might do a nw installation (of course while keeping your user data) and that will clean up things.

removing lxqt is not that big of a deal
just remove packages who’s name starts with lxqt (I belive wiled cards have been added to zypper) and remove the 3 extra lxqt apps

zypper rm lxqt-* pcmanfm-qt qterminal lximage-qt libfm-qt5 juffed juffed-plugin-*

some of those might not be installed and by removing for example pcmanfm-qt all pcmanfm-qt only libraries will be removed, that terminal output displayed 65+ packages and mone of them wore lxqt packages they wore gnome and gtk packages lxqt uses qt5.

while we’re taliking lxqt a request to someone with an OBS account and knowledge how to use it can someone please build lxqt for LEAP with Qt5.6 from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt5/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
as the current builds are done with Qt5.5 and don’t work under Qt5.6 (I have plasma 5.6.3 and I don’t want to downgrade plasma to be able to use lxqt :frowning: )
OBS source
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/X11:LXQt
I did find a Qt5.6 build but that one was compiled with Qt5.6.1 from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt56/openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/NickLion:/lxqt/KDE_Qt56_openSUSE_Leap_42.1/
and that breaks plasma 5.6
this reminds me of window’s dll hell