Thread: sagemath

Default sagemath

HI, would like to install sagemath in my computer. There are availble Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian x86_64.tar.bz2 files. Wich one of them would be best for Leap 42.1 installation?

Blog Entries

Default Re: sagemath

Quote Originally Posted by SimoKJ View Post
    HI, would like to install sagemath in my computer. There are availble Fedora, Ubuntu and Debian x86_64.tar.bz2 files. Wich one of them would be best for Leap 42.1 installation?
    Hi
    Those are some big files!!!! The fedora one would be the best match, better yet, download the src tarball and compile yourself...
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

I compiled and installed sage from source on a previous openSUSE os, 11.3 I think. It worked like a charm. No problems. Long compile time, took my system about 6 hours and it took some doing to get all of the dependencies, but it worked.

If Opensuse 42.2/Tumbleweed had Coin-Or and Sagemath it would be so perfect for us with scientific workloads. I believe Opensuse is best suited for scientific workloads better than any other distro due to a first class kde desktop environment and the opensuse build service. I can't imagine having to compile all that stuff. Someone please save us!