Thread: Virtualbox

Default Virtualbox

I OpenSuse Leap , I installed VirtualBox and it took me Windowws 7 ( including guest additions ) .
    Now ... I can not see the USB . About the settings : USB Settings USB Controller is enabled and c'e` the check on USB 1.1 . ( OHCI ) controller

Kindly ask you ... do you know if by chance I'm missing some installation package ( I installed VB with rpm ) or do I search for the problem on Windows ?
    thank

Default Re: Virtualbox

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncello21 View Post
    Kindly ask you ... do you know if by chance I'm missing some installation package ( I installed VB with rpm ) or do I search for the problem on Windows ?
    No, but access to USB devices is disabled by default in openSUSE's virtualbox packages (it's considered a security risk).
    To enable it, copy the file /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/60-vboxdrv.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/, then open it in a text editor (as root) and remove the '#' at the beginning of the last 4 lines as instructed in the file.
    Reboot, and it should work.

Of you want/need USB 2/3 support, you also need to install the extension pack, available at http://virtualbox.org/.

BTW there is a special Virtualization sub-forum. My advice would be to post Virtualization questions there in the future. More chance to draw the attention of Virtualization users.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    BTW there is a special Virtualization sub-forum. My advice would be to post Virtualization questions there in the future. More chance to draw the attention of Virtualization users.

Thank you so much
    solved with
    /usr/lib/virtualbox/vboxdrv.sh setup