Thread: How prevent power throttling on battery?

Default How prevent power throttling on battery?

I want to disable power management when on a battery so it runs at full speed/capacity. i can't find the setting for this in the Desltop Configuration -> Power Management. I only see the ability to change screen brightness, dimming and session suspension. Where would I set this?

Blog Entries

Default Re: How prevent power throttling on battery?

You need to describe which Desktop you're using.

Also,
    There are typically ways to modify the ACPI settings directly instead of through the OS... So, a little searching (You can do a package search for ACPI) and even looking up what your hardware OEM might provide (could be the motherboard manufacturer, maybe the brand manufacturer).

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Default Re: How prevent power throttling on battery?

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    You need to describe which Desktop you're using.

Also,
    There are typically ways to modify the ACPI settings directly instead of through the OS... So, a little searching (You can do a package search for ACPI) and even looking up what your hardware OEM might provide (could be the motherboard manufacturer, maybe the brand manufacturer).

TSU
    KDE with openSUSE LEAP.
    Samsung Series 9 NP900x4C-A01