release licenses need help, which works best

Hello. I’v been by building scanvirus, simplified clamscan command with additional features, similar to a GUI. If there is name for what I’v done, tell me else. Else, it’s “Simplified Additional Features Command Line Interface.”

I’v been using ‘creative commons’ non-commercial and no-modify. I’v also seen GPL as the most common. I need to the help finding the right software usage license.
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International

Needed:
Credit must be given for any code or ideas used in other work. Non-commercial, Not modified in public releases of complete code. Only modified for personal use.

Thanks.

I’m not sure that’s possible with an opensource license, especially the no-modify or non-comercial part, you can have your own EULA with your own license but that would not make your code opensource, an opensource code must be free to be modified, even the restrictive GPL can be used commercially.
More important ClamAV is GPL licensed that means only GPL’ed code can link to it, I’m not sure a non GPL app can legally call clamscan so your app would be illegal for public use, the legality of GPL code for personal use is academic.

My utility is like a gui, it just simplified it’s usage. Clamscan can be used without it on the command line. Like a clamscan GUI, it uses a clamscan as it’s engine. It’s a share it, but don’t change it if you upload it elsewhere. Give credit for any code or algorithm, credit where credit is due. It’s looks i’ll just stick to creative commons.

Thanks.

OK I’m not a lawyer so take everything I say with a grain of salt but
the GPL is an extremely restrictive license meaning anything using gpl code must be gpl, you might try going around it by saying my app only does command line calls to a gpl app
From FSF GPL FAQ

By contrast, pipes, sockets and command-line arguments are communication mechanisms normally used between two separate programs. So when they are used for communication, the modules normally are separate programs. But if the semantics of the communication are intimate enough, exchanging complex internal data structures, that too could be a basis to consider the two parts as combined into a larger program.

you might get away with a non gpl license as command line calls are thought of as separate programs, but what license to chose is up to you, imo gpl is best for keeping your code safe from reuse by 3rd parties but as I said the gpl allows for commercial use and modification, you can go license hunting here
https://opensource.org/licenses