Desktop icons moved when I reboot in KDE

I have my desktop icons showing directly on my desktop. I move the icons where I want them on the desktop. After rebooting and logging in again the icons have for some reason been moved to different locations so that each row of icons on my desktop is filled up. I do not want my icons moved from where I put them. How do I achieve that ?

When I look at the Folder View Settings for the Desktop in the Icons tab there is an Arrange in: setting and an Align: setting but a choice not to arrange my icons in rows or columns does not exist.

lock in place maybe??

Same configuration, same work pattern, same problem, no solution.

I locked icons in place and they still move at login, so i have to unlock them to move back to their place.
I never do change screen resolution and just want my icons in their place.
I don’t like them on a grid and bother me to use KDE5 switching them on a grid, but if they keep moving i have also a daily extra job: reorder my desktop to undo a “feature” of KDE5.
Is there a way to switch this shining new metaphor of a desktop to a normal, classic one and keep doing my job with a computer or i have to forcibly learn a new way to do the same things instead of doing them?

After 10 years of use I can manage decently OpenSuse and KDE can keep it working, even after a black screen at login following a kernel upgrade, but cannot find a useful configuration to stop this nasty random behavior of desktop.

Any clue?

Are you using Bleachbit? I think I see this from time to time in Tumbleweed after using Bleachbit…

no, i don’t use it.
The behavior pattern is very random; sometimes all the icons move in a ordered array, sometimes some of them move and some remain in their place…

I have a similar problem. It started sometime in the last few months.

Where is it you find a way to “locked icons in place”? I cannot find that setting.
Only 2 of my icons move, the rest stay where they were placed. I find that very odd.

Right click desktop select icons -lock in place