Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Missing power management in KDE

  1. #1

    Default Missing power management in KDE

    After upgrading to Leap 42.1 from 13.2, I do not see a place for Power Management settings. I think there used to be something in the Configure Desktop application for KDE. Am I missing some software package I need to download ?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Missing power management in KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by eldiener View Post
    After upgrading to Leap 42.1 from 13.2, I do not see a place for Power Management settings. I think there used to be something in the Configure Desktop application for KDE. Am I missing some software package I need to download ?
    The same settings should be in the same place.

    Are you sure you are running systemsettings5? Type that into krunner (Alt+F2) to make sure.
    You cannot use the KDE4 version to modify Plasma5's settings, and it is probably still installed if you upgraded...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Missing power management in KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    The same settings should be in the same place.

    Are you sure you are running systemsettings5? Type that into krunner (Alt+F2) to make sure.
    You cannot use the KDE4 version to modify Plasma5's settings, and it is probably still installed if you upgraded...
    'Configure Desktop' is 'systemsettings5'. Where is Power Management supposed to be in the Configure Desktop application ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Missing power management in KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by eldiener View Post
    'Configure Desktop' is 'systemsettings5'.
    Not necessarily.
    systemsettings5 is "Configure Desktop", but KDE4's systemsettings is "Configure Desktop" too...

    Where is Power Management supposed to be in the Configure Desktop application ?
    In the "Hardware" section, where it was in KDE4 too.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Missing power management in KDE

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Not necessarily.
    systemsettings5 is "Configure Desktop", but KDE4's systemsettings is "Configure Desktop" too...


    In the "Hardware" section, where it was in KDE4 too.
    You were right. I was starting the Configure Desktop left over in my recent applications from KDE4. Once I started the correct Configure Desktop the Power Management icon was there along with others which appeared missing before.

    Thanks !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •