Thread: Screen problems after screensaver kicks in, Leap42.1 +Kernel 4.5.2 + skylake

Default Screen problems after screensaver kicks in, Leap42.1 +Kernel 4.5.2 + skylake

Hi,

Any time that the PC goes into standby the screen goes monochrome below the height of the mouse cursor, I can sometimes infer where the mouse is by the colour displayed below the line, above the screen is as before, except sometimes there is a little bit of wraparound.

I have added the fix recommended here: https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...06#post2772006

Earlier I came across some linux posts on the web that recommended removing all the extra mouse cursor themes, as one or more of them does not play well with screensaver/lock. I had tried that earlier, and it seemed a bit better than before, but cannot find the instructions to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas how that is done?

Default Re: Screen problems after screensaver kicks in, Leap42.1 +Kernel 4.5.2 + skylake

That sounds like old recommendation that may not apply at all anymore

Default Re: Screen problems after screensaver kicks in, Leap42.1 +Kernel 4.5.2 + skylake

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    That sounds like old recommendation that may not apply at all anymore
    Could be, but it did seem improved when I tried that, even with too old a kernel for skylake CPU.