Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some items failed to launch after the updates

Default Some items failed to launch after the updates

I ran a zypper up this morning and there were few updates from openSUSE, not remember it all but most of it were libreoffice and samba.

My current repos during the updates:
    Code:
    linux-xocg:/home/yazid # zypper lr

# | Alias               | Name                        | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh
    --+---------------------+-----------------------------+---------+-----------+--------
    1 | google-chrome       | google-chrome               | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes    
    2 | openSUSE-20160331-0 | openSUSE-20160331-0         | No      | ----      | Yes    
    3 | packman             | packman                     | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes    
    4 | repo-debug          | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Debug   | No      | ----      | Yes    
    5 | repo-non-oss        | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Non-Oss | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes    
    6 | repo-oss            | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Oss     | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes    
    7 | repo-source         | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Source  | No      | ----      | Yes    
    8 | repo-update         | openSUSE-Tumbleweed-Update  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes
    I am not able to launch, for instance Gnome Settings, from terminal:-
    Code:
    yazid@linux-xocg:~> gnome-control-center
    gnome-control-center: relocation error: /usr/lib64/samba/libauthkrb5-samba4.so: symbol tevent_req_is_unix_error, version TEVENT_UTIL_0.0.1 not defined in file libtevent-util.so.0 with link time reference
    I am installed Kodi, but unable to run it as well:-
    Code:
    yazid@linux-xocg:~> kodi
    /usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin: relocation error: /usr/lib64/samba/libauthkrb5-samba4.so: symbol tevent_req_is_unix_error, version TEVENT_UTIL_0.0.1 not defined in file libtevent-util.so.0 with link time reference
    This is to confirmed that both of my PCs on TW, after the updates, having the same problem.

Thanks.
    Intel i5 4590 (Haswell), MSI B85M-G43, MSI GTX750Ti, Leap 15.1, Gnome 3.26 on 120GB SSD

Default Re: Some items failed to launch after the updates

I see the same error when using mpv.

Apparently something went wrong with that Samba update...

http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=975862

Hi , the same situation here , the gnome-control-center does not launch... In terminal i have that output : gnome-control-center: relocation error: /usr/lib64/samba/libauthkrb5-samba4.so: symbol tevent_req_is_unix_error, version TEVENT_UTIL_0.0.1 not defined in file libtevent-util.so.0 with link time reference

How could be fixed that ???

Sorry for my English.

sudo zypper dup
    should upgrade the samba libs properly and fix the issues. If you have pkgs from other repos that you would prefer not to change repos make sure those repos are set to a higher priority (e.g. packman-essentials at 98 instead of 99, achieved by "sudo zypper mr -p 98 foo-repo")

I did that , did not worked , gnome-control-center , settings not launch.

zypper dup fixed it, I don't know if the next zypper up to update we'll getting the same error again.
    Intel i5 4590 (Haswell), MSI B85M-G43, MSI GTX750Ti, Leap 15.1, Gnome 3.26 on 120GB SSD

I have done zypper dup but it didn't worked , the settings won't lanch... Any help please

Quote Originally Posted by powerw00t View Post
    zypper dup fixed it, I don't know if the next zypper up to update we'll getting the same error again.
    Unlikely.
    This was a major upgrade for Samba, and apparently "zypper up" cannot properly deal with that i.e. it doesn't correctly upgrade all packages.

Something like that doesn't happen on every update...

Quote Originally Posted by korn84 View Post
    I have done zypper dup but it didn't worked , the settings won't lanch... Any help please
    Please post your repo list then.
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    According to everything I read so far, "zypper dup" should work.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Unlikely.
    This was a major upgrade for Samba, and apparently "zypper up" cannot properly deal with that i.e. it doesn't correctly upgrade all packages.

Something like that doesn't happen on every update...
    In curiosity, I re-run zypper up if such error could happen again, returned me 'nothing to do'. At this point I believe we are save to run zypper up as usual

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast