Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Checking for other tasks not stopping

  1. #1

    Default Checking for other tasks not stopping

    My update applet continues for hours this morning"waiting for other tasks".

    Any way to stop this - could it be one of the repo links not working or?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,987
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Checking for other tasks not stopping

    Quote Originally Posted by aages View Post
    My update applet continues for hours this morning"waiting for other tasks".

    Any way to stop this - could it be one of the repo links not working or?

    Thanks in advance.
    This happens f.e. if you have Yast's Software manager open, or have zypper running.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3

    Default Re: Checking for other tasks not stopping

    Quote Originally Posted by aages View Post
    My update applet continues for hours this morning"waiting for other tasks".

    Any way to stop this - could it be one of the repo links not working or?

    Thanks in advance.

    I have the zypper - "software update" applet set to automatic checking and that is the one (in left lower corner) running contiunously - Can I kill this process or?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,987
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Checking for other tasks not stopping

    [QUOTE=aages;2774622]I have the zypper - "software update" applet set to automatic checking and that is the one (in left lower corner) running contiunously - Can I kill this process or?[/QUOTE}
    That's not zypper, that's packagekit. And, are you on a right-to-left language?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5

    Default Re: Checking for other tasks not stopping

    [QUOTE=Knurpht;2774623]
    Quote Originally Posted by aages View Post
    I have the zypper - "software update" applet set to automatic checking and that is the one (in left lower corner) running contiunously - Can I kill this process or?[/QUOTE}
    That's not zypper, that's packagekit. And, are you on a right-to-left language?
    You are right - sorry - Yes, I use right to left (Norwegian setting) - Well now it has stopped by itself after scanning the last 3 - 4 hours and listed some update packages.

    However it was annoying when it went on so if you have a suggestion how to stop it for a future "run away", please let me know.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Checking for other tasks not stopping

    [QUOTE=aages;2774630]
    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post

    You are right - sorry - Yes, I use right to left (Norwegian setting) - Well now it has stopped by itself after scanning the last 3 - 4 hours and listed some update packages.

    However it was annoying when it went on so if you have a suggestion how to stop it for a future "run away", please let me know.
    Sorry again - too quick here: LEFT to RIGHT for sure and.... it should have been lower right corner in first place

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,987
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Checking for other tasks not stopping

    [QUOTE=aages;2774632]
    Quote Originally Posted by aages View Post

    Sorry again - too quick here: LEFT to RIGHT for sure and.... it should have been lower right corner in first place
    Well, that solves that then . I asked since lately it took me 2 hours before I realised that the guy I was talking too has his desktop in Arab, KDE adjusts itself to that ;D.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •