YAST2 SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT fails

After the most recent maintenance applied via ZYPPER DUP

linux-lcp7:/home/spcwh2 # yast2
Run command: /sbin/yast2 sw_single &
YaST got signal 11 at file /usr/share/YaST2/modules/PackagesUI.rb:315
  sender PID: 504
/sbin/yast2: line 440:  3765 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $ybindir/y2base $module "$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS

Is anyone else seeing this issue ?

Also is there a fix for this or is this something I just need to wait for the next maintenance to fix this issue

Not much of a help, but after a fresh install and update i have the problem that YaST is not responding.

linux-mcm0:/home/ben # yast2
Run command: /sbin/yast2 sw_single &
/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/YaST2/plugin/libpy2UI.so.2: undefined symbol: _Z16should_be_loggediRKSs

Think there is something wrong with the last update with YaST, maybe a fresh install can help.
After the update Kmail is also not working.

Well almost always this kind of a problem is do to mixing repos from different versions

Your right by that, but i have only the repos for TW installed.
Also i have a lot of problems with Kmail and other applications in KDE, but thats on the Dutch part of the forum a issue .

So this is back to Chaat** its his thread. sorry.**

I have the same problem with Yast2 and yast from terminal

yast
/usr/lib/YaST2/bin/y2base: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/YaST2/plugin/libpy2UI.so.2: undefined symbol: _Z16s
hould_be_loggediRKSs

anyone have any idea how to fix this?

@chaat
2 Monitors connected to the PC?
Try to start Yast on the on the first one?

@Dexter22
You have another Problem with Yast.
This is the thread opend by chaat.

yes but don’t be selfish man, why open 2 threat for the same problem…

I do not a problem

@Dexter22
Your Error seems not the same as chaat’s.

No problem here. I checked before and after 20160414. So the first check was with 20160412.

As Sauerland has indicated, there appear to be two distinct problem reported by different folk. There’s the problem originally reported by chaat, and then there is a problem reported by Benmh and separately by Dexter22.

The kind of problem being described by Benmh and by Dexter22 is usually due to incompatible libraries. And this is most often caused by having conflicting repos configured.

I did confirm that the problem I reported only happens when I attempt to start Software Management when I have Yast running on my second (non-primary) monitor.

If I move Yast to the primary monitor, then all is well

This is still a problem correct ?

I’m assuming that it should work from either monitor.

Thats a known bug in Plasma 5, therefore I have asked for it.

So open Yast only on first Monitor.

Thanks. I’ve found this a couple of months ago and have been using it. I discovered recently that I can open Software Management on the second monitor - as long as I keep the focus on another window while it is opening (any will do).