Mongodb 3.0.11 will complain about nothing provides libcrypto.so.0.9.8

When I try to update to the latest mongodb I get the following error

nothing provides libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Where can I get libcrypto.so from?

I’ve got similar problem. Try to put mongodb folder in /tmp/ or /opt/. Then launch mongodb by typing ./mongod. It solved my problem, but I don’t know why. I hope it will help you.

I get this when trying to install the new updates.

Whenever you get an error like this “nothing provides *file *”

1. Search for, and determine if the file exists on your system <somewhere> and simply needs access by PATH or simply copying the missing file to where it can be automatically seen.
    Install locate
zypper in mlocate

Although the locate database updates daily, this is one of the scearios you don’t want to wait a day. Populate your database immediately with

updatedb

Now, search for your file, in this case

locate  libcrypto.so.0.9.8
  1. If the file doesn’t exist on your system, there are a number of ways to try to find it…
    Update your system from the online repos, followed by searching again
zypper update

Use a web browser to search
https://software.opensuse.org
Use cnf (requires a Desktop, won’t be available on a text-only server)

cnf  libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Although searching software.opensuse.org <should> search all OBS repos, you can or should add the repo specific to the app or technology your missing file is related. All openSUSE repos are located at the following URL which can be searched using a web search tool or browser. If/when you want to add a repository, use the URL in your search or browser.
ownload.opensuse.org/repositories/

Lastly, if the file <really> can’t be found in any of the above ways which are supported by openSUSE, then you might do an rpmfind or pbone search. The result likely will be some currently unsupported source, so beware although I haven’t heard of malware or a compromise caused by installing based on an rpmfind or pbone search.

Additionally,
Consider you’re running on TW which is a bleeding edge “Development” rolling release which means you will see a regular amount of errors. If the update or download isn’t immediately that important to you, just post to https://bugzilla.opensuse.org and wait until the problem is fixed by maintainers.

HTH,
TSU