Thread: scanner problems

Default scanner problems

I was recently given a Epson Stylus nx430 printer/scanner (all in one). i was able to get my printer working well enough, but my scanner is a different story.
    The scanner driver that I have found is for a 32bit, but my machine being a 64bit wont let the driver install.

Keeps telling me that the "Epkowa driver may cause problems on 64bit pc".
    Is there another driver that I can install to make this work.
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)
    KDE: 4.10, ATI Radeon HD Graphics

Blog Entries

Default Re: scanner problems

Quote Originally Posted by mike7757 View Post
    I was recently given a Epson Stylus nx430 printer/scanner (all in one). i was able to get my printer working well enough, but my scanner is a different story.
    The scanner driver that I have found is for a 32bit, but my machine being a 64bit wont let the driver install.

Keeps telling me that the "Epkowa driver may cause problems on 64bit pc".
    Is there another driver that I can install to make this work.
    Download the 64-bit RPM package available from http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

Extract the 'iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.rpm.tar.gz' archive, and then run the install.sh script to install the RPM payload.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Download the 64-bit RPM package available from http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

Extract the 'iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.rpm.tar.gz' archive, and then run the install.sh script to install the RPM payload.
    I did a search for my model and came up with no results.

However, I did find a Gimp plugin called quiteinsane. Has anyone used this file?
    Mike

AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 435 Processor, (RAM): 8.0 GiB, openSUSE Leap 42.2, (x86_64)

Blog Entries

I did a search for my model and came up with no results.
    The 'NX430' model is listed there. I checked before posting. Just type as I quoted and you'll find it.

The 'NX430' model is listed there. I checked before posting. Just type as I quoted and you'll find it.
    I found it Thanks

I do however have a small problem, If it isn't an rpm or exe I get confused. I know terminal is in the picture but I don’t hardly know what to do with it.
    Mike

Blog Entries

I found it Thanks

I do however have a small problem, If it isn't an rpm or exe I get confused. I know terminal is in the picture but I don’t hardly know what to do with it.
    Okay, the first step is to 'extract' the files content from the compressed archive. Use Dolphin to locate the downloaded iscan archive, right click on it and choose

Extract > Extract archive here, autodetect subfolder

That will create a directory called 'iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.rpm' in which the install script and other files are contained. You should be able to install it using a terminal (change directory to where the file is located). I often do this by dragging the file concerned to a konsole terminal and choose 'Paste Location' when prompted. Execute it like this
    Code:
    sudo /path/to/file/iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.rpm/install.sh
    Your path will be specific to where the file is located. Enter your root password when prompted. It should complete without issue. Make sense?
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 30-Mar-2016 at 21:40.

Blog Entries

BTW, the scanner manuals are worth a read

http://download.ebz.epson.net/man/linux/

Okay, the first step is to 'extract' the files content from the compressed archive. Use Dolphin to locate the downloaded iscan archive, right click on it and choose

Extract > Extract archive here, autodetect subfolder

That will create a directory called 'iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.rpm' in which the install script and other files are contained. You should be able to install it using a terminal (change directory to where the file is located). I often do this by dragging the file concerned to a konsole terminal and choose 'Paste Location' when prompted. Execute it like this
    Code:
    sudo /path/to/file/iscan-bundle-1.0.0.x64.rpm/install.sh
    Your path will be specific to where the file is located. Enter your root password when prompted. It should complete without issue. Make sense?
    I did not know that I could drag and drop, that made my life so much easier.
    Thank you
    Mike

Blog Entries

I did not know that I could drag and drop, that made my life so much easier.
    Thank you
    Yes, desktop GUI's can make your life easier for those of us who type with two or three fingers!