Thread: windows colors ?

Default windows colors ?

Is there some way to change the colors of windowses ?
    For example Nemo and Nautilus and all the setup screens are dark grey on black.
    All the borders are just black like in funeral cards
    The only theme there is, is NUMIX and no way to add any
    The contrast is awfull low and everything looks depressing like it is built by some teenage deathmetal fanboy.

After using Linux mint cinnamon, Slackvare and Ubuntu for years it all feels like I have came to a prison, where you can do just what somebody else has decided is good for you.
    I'll give it a try and move back to some more friendly environment after a couble of weeks, if I don't get totally depressed before that and kill myself.

Default Re: windows colors ?

You can change anything
    Visit this site
    HTML Code:
    http://gnome-look.org/
    to browse themes and more. Depending on your distro (openSUSE forum here) and your DE (Desktop environment) there are a couple more sites you can browse themes and other artwork like
    HTML Code:
    http://kde-look.org/
    for the KDE environment
    You can browse for window themes, window colour schemes, wallpapers, icon themes and more
    I am a bit disappointed too sometimes with some visuals but other times I love some themes they make. You can make your own and upload it. That is the meaning of open source community. That's why there are no "refunds" here. If you don't like something you can fix it yourself and...share it with us
    KDE plasma 5 may seem more suitable for your needs. It's the default DE for openSUSE too and is a lot more modernized and good looking. No chance of killing yourself because of depression.

And what desktop?
    Henk van Velden

The forum system keeps to be gulping my messages
    I have now tried to answer to your question five (5) times. Before that I have sent at least 3 -4 messages, where I have tried to tell the version. Before your question I tried to edit my original message, when I noticed that I have not told the version.

It seems that the forum doesn't like me as I don't like the colors of OS.

In any case:
    OS 42.1 LEAP with Gnome upgraded to Cinnamon

OMG, I managed !
    I managed to get the message to the forum. Now, lets see how long it stays there.

In any case:
    OS 42.1 LEAP with Gnome upgraded to Cinnamon

The original OS 43.1 Gnome is like a funeral card
    I upgraded to Cinnamon, because in my other computers Linux Mint Cinnamon has light and joyous colors.
    All in vain. The colors, themes and menus of Cinnamon have been castrated by some deathmetal fan.

I can not install this kind of system to my customers. They will be back on my desk in zero time.

In 199x it was a fashion in certain circles to build websites with dark blue or gray text on black background.
    The pages were totally unreadable in incomplete light.
    I have hoped those days are gone

I do not know what you are doing, but above are two messages:
    This message is removed by mistofeles
    As a mod I can recover the contents of those messages. One is
    Cinnamon installed over Gnome
    OpenSuse 42.1

I tought those funeral colors are only in Gnome, but they followed me also in OS Cinnamon. In Linux Mint the colors are more user friendly.
    And the configuration tools are so castrated that it is impossible to fix anything.
    In Mint they have left at least some possibilities to the enduser, but OpenSuse is not so open.
    and the otther
    The forum system has now eaten three of my messages.
    OpenSuse 42.1
    Cinnamon installed over Gnome
    As nobody else reports this kind of spontanious "removal", you may want to find out what you click where when you handle your posts.
    Henk van Velden

And: No, I'm not going to spend my time building any themes. There is a lot of nice themes and nice configuration systems.
    I just wonder why OpenSuse has selected to be so unfriendly. A good and stabile OS ( so I have heard) buried under so awful GUI.

Now I understand better why there is only one Suse user in our university staff against abt. 100 Ubuntu, 200 Linux Mint and 50 Fedora and 3000 M$.

Please note that you are in a technical help forum. Thus stick to the technical side of your problem. When you want to discuss the value of different distributions, feel free to do so in one of the sub-forums of Community & Fun.
    Henk van Velden

Complaining about themes is useless. It's among the easiest things to change. You can even find most themes (even the linux mint themes you liked) on websites like ones I posted above. If you have time to complain, you surely have time to click a few times and install the theme:
    1)download theme(s)
    2)extract theme(s)
    3)open nemo as root
    4)browse to /usr/share/themes
    5)copy the extracted themes there
    6)open theme configuration and change to the theme you want (right click on the bottom panel and choose "change theme")