Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Login Information Needed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Marys Georgia
    Posts
    78

    Default Login Information Needed

    Is there a way for me to direct openSuse to not automatically log me in after a reboot? and my next question is how do i change the login screen on Gnome login?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,448

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    KDE has an option to change the login screen; not sure about Gnome. Try YaST>Security and Users if you have chosen the option to have the same password for root and the first user.

    The login screen comes before Gnome is loaded; simply select Session>Gnome and it will log in to Gnome every time until you change it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Marys Georgia
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    Thanx John
    playing around with /etc/sysconfig Editor I found an entry in
    Desktop/DisplayManager/DisplayManager_AutoLogin I cleared my name from the entry and that seems to have done the trick

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Marys Georgia
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    still need help with changing the background image at the login screen

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,996

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Argedion View Post
    still need help with changing the background image at the login screen
    As with the other change this is not a Gnome parameter, but a DisplayManager (kdm or gdm) parameter. Look in the file(s) inside /etc/sysconfig/Desktop/DisplayManager/. May be you find a parameter that looks like the one you need.

    Or else may be you must try to find the file of the kdm/gdm parameters.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    As with the other change this is not a Gnome parameter, but a DisplayManager (kdm or gdm) parameter. Look in the file(s) inside /etc/sysconfig/Desktop/DisplayManager/. May be you find a parameter that looks like the one you need.

    Or else may be you must try to find the file of the kdm/gdm parameters.
    YaST
    -> System
    -> /etc/sysconfig editor
    -> Desktop
    -> Display Manager

    Set DISPLAYMANAGER = kdm
    Set DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME to one of the themes under /opt/kde3/share/apps/kdm/themes Default = SUSE. Substitute your background image into the theme directory. Slightly brutal hack.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,996

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    Quote Originally Posted by NigmaToolin View Post
    YaST
    -> System
    -> /etc/sysconfig editor
    -> Desktop
    -> Display Manager

    Set DISPLAYMANAGER = kdm
    Set DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME to one of the themes under /opt/kde3/share/apps/kdm/themes Default = SUSE. Substitute your background image into the theme directory. Slightly brutal hack.
    Sounds like the right direction to go!
    Henk van Velden

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Marys Georgia
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Login Information Needed

    thanx a lot for all your help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •