Thread: Intergation of TOR Browser into Gnome

Question Intergation of TOR Browser into Gnome

Hello,

I've recently installed TOR Browser and I have to start it manually by clicking on the globe icon in the folder where I extracted the tarball. It works fine; but I'd like to find a way to integrate it into the applications menu or the heads up display, preferably both. That way I won't have to drill down every time I want to use it.

Any help appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Intergation of TOR Browser into Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Grace123 View Post
    Hello,

I've recently installed TOR Browser and I have to start it manually by clicking on the globe icon in the folder where I extracted the tarball. It works fine; but I'd like to find a way to integrate it into the applications menu or the heads up display, preferably both. That way I won't have to drill down every time I want to use it.

Any help appreciated.
    Hi
    Use Nautilus to browse to the folder and right-click and select 'Open in Terminal', then run the following command;
    Code:
    cp start-tor-browser.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/start-tor-browser.desktop
    exit
    Now press ctrl+F2 and enter r <press enter key> to restart the shell, then get into overview mode and in the search area type in Tor and it should be there to right click and select add to favorites.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Default Re: Intergation of TOR Browser into Gnome

You can also use main menu to add.
    I use it for the blender tarball and it worked.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Talking Re: Intergation of TOR Browser into Gnome

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Use Nautilus to browse to the folder and right-click and select 'Open in Terminal', then run the following command;
    Code:
    cp start-tor-browser.desktop ~/.local/share/applications/start-tor-browser.desktop
    exit
    Now press ctrl+F2 and enter r <press enter key> to restart the shell, then get into overview mode and in the search area type in Tor and it should be there to right click and select add to favorites.
    Thank you sir, works like a charm.
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, Gnome 3.16