Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plasma 5 KDE: after patch openSUSE-2016-287 Panel widget buttons use only the Breeze theme

Default Plasma 5 KDE: after patch openSUSE-2016-287 Panel widget buttons use only the Breeze theme

After applying the openSUSE-2016-287 patch series last Tuesday, the Plasma 5 Panel refuses to use anything other than the Breeze theme buttons in the "Screen Lock/Logout" widget.
    Furthermore, the coloured version of the buttons is visible only when the Panel height is quite large -- for my "normal" Panel height only monochrome (Black on White) buttons appear.
    In addition the icons in the "System Tray" also seem to be suspiciously Breeze theme.

Any ideas?
    [Answer can wait until Monday!!!]

Default Re: Plasma 5 KDE: after patch openSUSE-2016-287 Panel widget buttons use only the Breeze theme

Forgot to mention that my personal preference is to use the Oxygen theme.

Default Re: Plasma 5 KDE: after patch openSUSE-2016-287 Panel widget buttons use only the Breeze theme

I am having the same problem.

Changing the icon theme does not change the icons for:
    • logout and lock buttons
    • all icons in the lock screen
    • all icons in the Application Launcher plasmoid
    • system tray

These icons remain stuck on the Breeze icon theme.

I really can not stand the Breeze theme, so this is really bothering me.

I very, very much prefer the Oxygen icon theme.

Blog Entries

You're both mixing things up. There's an icon theme, there's a plasma desktop theme. Login/Logout, the systemtray are part of the desktoptheme. Change the desktop theme to f.e. openSUSE and you'll see different tray icons.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Change the desktop theme to f.e. openSUSE and you'll see different tray icons.
    Not any more I'm afraid...

If you take a look at:
    "/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/oxygen"
    "/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/openSUSE"

there's no longer a:
    "/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/[theme name]/icons" directory

the themes use the default:
    "/usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/icons"

which is... erm... breeze.

Also the (Application) icons in the "Application Launcher" no longer respect the set Icon Theme.

Bug report here... https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=356423

"You will like breeze, we will make you like it!"

TW 20160307 / KDE Frameworks 5.19.0
    Last edited by tannington; 15-Mar-2016 at 07:15. Reason: Added link to bug report...
    Regards, Paul

Tumbleweed (Snapshot: 20190916) KDE Plasma 5
    Non-Tumbling Tumblweed (20150508) KDE 4 - Resurrected
    2x Leap 15.1 KDE Plasma 5

The following Change Request related to this issue has also been posted in the KDE BugZilla:
    <https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=360569>
    Code Inspection is also in progress.

As has been mentioned already, this thread mixes two completely different problems.

Widget icons (System tray icons and the logout/restart/shutdown icons) come from the *desktop* theme, not the icon theme.
    So changing the *icon* theme doesn't have any impact in this case. This is no bug, but how Plasma is designed.
    And the Oxygen *desktop* theme doesn't contain any icons, so the ones from the default Breeze theme are used.

The application and filetype icons are being taken from the *icon* theme though.
    If those use breeze although oxygen is set as *icon* theme, it would be a bug.

Although, see also: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=336739

The default icon theme was changed to breeze in 5.16.0, but this caused problems and has been reverted.
    So the last update should actually fix that again...

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Code Inspection is also in progress.
    So *you* are doing a code inspection now?

Why don't you just fire up inkscape and add the missing graphics to the Oxygen desktop theme?

Btw, the mentioned bug reports are about the icon theme, your first post here was about the desktop theme. So even if there is a bug and it will be fixed, your original problem will still remain because those icons are simply missing in the Oxygen desktop theme...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 16-Mar-2016 at 02:38.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    So *you* are doing a code inspection now?
    Code and Test are fact; documentation and forums are fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Why don't you just fire up inkscape and add the missing graphics to the Oxygen desktop theme?
    Will also do this.

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Code and Test are fact; documentation and forums are fiction.
    Ok, I explicitly did a quick test now.

And in fact the application menu does display the oxygen application icons (if available) here when I set the icon theme to oxygen.
    This also includes the Logout/Restart/Shutdown/... icons in the "Power Management / Session" sub menu, but not the ones on the left side (the "Favorites") which are taken from the *desktop* theme as already explained.

I am running 13.2 here with KDE Frameworks 5.20.0, which will be released as update for Leap and Tumbleweed too though.
    It just takes a while...
    Last edited by wolfi323; 16-Mar-2016 at 03:03.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast