Thread: Customizing GNOME desktop

Default Customizing GNOME desktop

I am new to openSUSE and even though it has only been a week I enjoy the change from Ubuntu. The best part is that I was able to separate my user password from the root password. I installed openSUSE 42.1 with the GNOME desktop, which is what I know and prefer, and I am looking to customize my desktop with cairo dock and with compiz. I know compiz is eye candy for the desktop but I enjoy the functionality of spinning to a different virtual desktop. I have been looking through the forum and other online resources and I am unable to find a reference that can help me. I have been able to install compiz through YAST but I am not able to install CCSM to allow me to configure compiz. As far as cairo dock I cannot find that application in YAST. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Bryan Sailer

Default Re: Customizing GNOME desktop

I was able to install compiz and the CCSM but the graphics did not work they way they had worked in the past. As far as I can research there is no dock for GNOME 3. So I am considering this thread solved and I am moving on to complete my system setup.

Blog Entries

For the dock
    search here
    https://software.opensuse.org/search
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

caf4926,

Thank you for the link. I am trying to give KDE desktop a try this week to see which environment I like best. Is there a dock that I can use on KDE?

I just answered my own question by reading the other dock applications on the link. It has been that kind of a Monday. I see more coffee in my near future.