Thread: Comic plasmoid missin

Default Comic plasmoid missin

Hi,

I just upgraded from OpenSuSE 13.1 to Leap 42.1. All seems to be working fine, but I have just this one little annoyance. That is, I can't get the comic plasmoid working. It used to work fine in 13.1, but now when I add it to the desktop it only displays a big red cross with the text: "Error loading Applet: package inexistent."

I do have the package plasma5-addons installed, which in turn includes the file /usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/plasma/applets/plasma_applet_comic.so

So far as I'm concerned it should be there.

Any ideas on how to get my daily comics back?

Kind regards,
    Louis

Default Re: Comic plasmoid missin

Quote Originally Posted by lpwevers View Post
    That is, I can't get the comic plasmoid working. It used to work fine in 13.1, but now when I add it to the desktop it only displays a big red cross with the text: "Error loading Applet: package inexistent."
    Works fine here.

How exactly are you trying to add it to the desktop?
    Try dragging it out of the widget explorer and dropping it on the desktop.

I think there was a bug that made double-clicking not work under certain circumstances.

Default Re: Comic plasmoid missing

Hi,

Thanks, guess that bug is still in there. Dragging and dropping did the trick.

Kind regards,
    Louis

Quote Originally Posted by lpwevers View Post
    Thanks, guess that bug is still in there.
    It has been noticed and fixed only a few days ago:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=359902

The fix is included in the plasma-framework package in the KDE:Frameworks5 repo, but it hasn't been released as update for Leap 42.1 yet.

PS: I just noticed that that fix will also be part of the upcoming Plasma 5.5.5 update for Leap 42.1, which should get released in a week or so.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 04-Mar-2016 at 08:18.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    It has been noticed and fixed only a few days ago:
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=359902

The fix is included in the plasma-framework package in the KDE:Frameworks5 repo, but it hasn't been released as update for Leap 42.1 yet.

PS: I just noticed that that fix will also be part of the upcoming Plasma 5.5.5 update for Leap 42.1, which should get released in a week or so.
    Ah well, I guess it would have been fixed then automatically anyhow. But I'm just glad that I didn't have to wait another week or so.

Kind regards,
    Louis