Deleting the evil sticky notes from toolbar

Hi guys,

I just discovered how to delete the evil yellow notes that get added to the Task Manager (or Panel). I was able to create these notes by clicking on the mouse wheel. There is no feature to delete them.
In order to delete them, I had to click on the symbol with three horizontal bars at the right side of the Task Manager and it extended another two lines above. Leaving it extended, if we right click on the notes, we can select “Remove this Notes”. It only took me half an hour to figure out how to do this :slight_smile:

What desktop?
I assume KDE Plasma5.

If you press the mouse wheel (i.e. the middle mouse button), the current selection/clipboard content is pasted. That’s an X11 feature.
If you press the middle mouse button on Plasma (i.e. the desktop), it tries to create a suitable plasmoid containing the clipboard content (for text it creates a notes widget), i.e. it “emulates” a paste.

Actually this should be disabled on the panel though I think.
For the desktop you can configure the middle mouse button behavior in the “Desktop Settings”.

You can also lock the widgets to prevent accidental creation/addition of widgets.

There is no feature to delete them.

Of course there is, as you found out.

In order to delete them, I had to click on the symbol with three horizontal bars at the right side of the Task Manager and it extended another two lines above. Leaving it extended, if we right click on the notes, we can select “Remove this Notes”. It only took me half an hour to figure out how to do this :slight_smile:

That’s how it is in KDE since years.

Every now and then people complained that they suddenly “lost” their task manager, system tray, or application menu.
So the right-click option to remove widgets from the panel got removed by default and only is shown when the toolbox is active, i.e. the user explicitly chose to configure the panel.

I have several notes, and they do not appear when I click the three lines at the right of the task bar.
Grrr. This app sucks.
I deleted knotes, and they are still there!

What do you mean “they do not appear”?
Why/where do you expect them to appear?

You can delete them like any other widget though.

As has been mentioned already, if they are in the panel you can delete them as long as the panel’s toolbox is open (i.e. after you “click the three lines at the right of the task bar”), by hovering over them and clicking the ‘X’ in the popup, or by right-clicking on them.

If they are on the desktop, click on the one you want to delete and hold the mouse button for a few seconds. The handle bar will appear then, which has a close icon too.

Again, that’s exactly the same as for any other desktop widget.

Grrr. This app sucks.

This “app” is your desktop.

If it sucks, better use a different one.

I deleted knotes, and they are still there!

Of course.
Those are desktop widgets, not knotes notes.
In other words, they are a feature of your desktop, and totally unrelated to knotes.