Thread: LEAP 42.1 metasploit error

Default LEAP 42.1 metasploit error

Metasploit doesnt work after installation from metasploit-3.4.0-4.1.noarach.rpm, is there a better source for instaling it on leap?

Default Re: LEAP 42.1 metasploit error

output that i get after running
    msfconsole

/usr/lib64/ruby/2.1.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/input/socket.rb:64: invalid multibyte escape: /\xff\xf4\xff\xfd\x06/ (SyntaxError)
    invalid multibyte escape: /\xff\xed\xff\xfd\x06/
    from /usr/lib64/ruby/2.1.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/input.rb:18:in `<class:Input>'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/input.rb:14:in `<module:Text>'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/input.rb:5:in `<module:Ui>'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/input.rb:4:in `<module:Rex>'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/input.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui.rb:11:in `<top (required)>'
    from /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/ui.rb:6:in `<top (required)>'
    from /usr/local/bin/msfconsole:20:in `<main>'

Blog Entries

Default Re: LEAP 42.1 metasploit error

I was able to install the latest metasploit using the Project's installer from rapd7.com

Go to this webpage
    http://www.rapid7.com/products/metasploit/download.jsp

Click on the Download button for the Community version,
    Fill out the info they want about you,
    Click to download the 64-bit Linux installer.

When the installer has downloaded, make the binary executable and run it, I recommend installing to its default location at /opt/ and accepting the option to set up as a service (start on boot).

You'll immediately be prompted to configure a self-signed certificate for web access (I recommend accepting defaults unless your website has a network-resolvable name).

After download, installing and configuring, I found I had to do a complete system reboot. Although setting up the metasploit service is likely done correctly, it's not running correctly at first. After reboot, you can verify it's running
    Code:
    systemctl status metasploit.service
    The webserver stub will be running automatically, so you should be able to open up a website using the name described in your self-signed certificate to log into your metasploit.

HTH,
    TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!