Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: KDE5 + LEAP + Automatic Software Updater

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    91

    Question KDE5 + LEAP + Automatic Software Updater

    An Internal System Error occurred. An Error we didn't expect occurred.

    HELP!?!?!?!

    FlashPlayer update waiting to install. I click on Install Updates and it goes through about 4 or 5 steps, pauses on the downloading step, then this error appears. I rebooted, that didn't help...I opened YAST2 and started the online update, but it didn't report any updates to install. Nothing to do. I don't understand.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamloops, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: KDE5 + LEAP + Automatic Software Updater

    Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    An Internal System Error occurred. An Error we didn't expect occurred.

    HELP!?!?!?!

    FlashPlayer update waiting to install. I click on Install Updates and it goes through about 4 or 5 steps, pauses on the downloading step, then this error appears. I rebooted, that didn't help...I opened YAST2 and started the online update, but it didn't report any updates to install. Nothing to do. I don't understand.
    Go back into Yast and choose the Software Management module. In there, search for flash. It should then show you the installed version and if there is an updated version. You can there choose to update it.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chesterfield Township, MI USA
    Posts
    91

    Unhappy Re: KDE5 + LEAP + Automatic Software Updater

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    Go back into Yast and choose the Software Management module. In there, search for flash. It should then show you the installed version and if there is an updated version. You can there choose to update it.
    It shows as already at the available version...I chose to force it to update(Re-Install), but I got this error:

    Error: INVALID:flash-plugin-11.2.202.569-release.x86_64 (
    Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY
    Header SHA1 digest: OK (fd20456b9129295657abe653af0fb
    MD5 digest: OK (e2e99fc9f8538bd54f8ce6c6c60d4b81)
    V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY

    I have no clue what any of that means...

  4. #4

    Default AW: Re: KDE5 + LEAP + Automatic Software Updater

    Quote Originally Posted by trekjunky View Post
    It shows as already at the available version...I chose to force it to update(Re-Install), but I got this error:

    Error: INVALID:flash-plugin-11.2.202.569-release.x86_64 (
    Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY
    Header SHA1 digest: OK (fd20456b9129295657abe653af0fb
    MD5 digest: OK (e2e99fc9f8538bd54f8ce6c6c60d4b81)
    V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY

    I have no clue what any of that means...
    This means that the packages in the Adobe repo are not signed, so the package management doesn't allow to install it.
    You basically have these options:
    - Use YaST or zypper to install it and tell it to ignore this when asked
    - disable the signature check for the repo, either in YaST->Software Repositories or with "zypper mr --no-gpgcheck XXX"
    - remove the Adobe repo and install flash-player from Packman instead

    I would do the last.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamloops, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: AW: Re: KDE5 + LEAP + Automatic Software Updater

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    This means that the packages in the Adobe repo are not signed, so the package management doesn't allow to install it.
    You basically have these options:
    - Use YaST or zypper to install it and tell it to ignore this when asked
    - disable the signature check for the repo, either in YaST->Software Repositories or with "zypper mr --no-gpgcheck XXX"
    - remove the Adobe repo and install flash-player from Packman instead
    I, too, would recommend what wolfi suggests:

    I would do the last.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •