Hibernation broke google-chrome?

Hello,

while studying, I fell asleep and my Opensuse 13.2 64 bit KDE laptop ran out of battery. It is set to hibernate when low on battery. I plugged my laptop in and turned on the computer.

Google-chrome used to work, not it’s not. Any idea on how I should approach to fix this?

SJL@Gyro:~> google-chrome
Check failed: NamespaceUtils::WriteToIdMapFile("/proc/self/gid_map", gid_)

According to my process monitor, ALL instances of google-chrome is going into sleep.

How do I change this?

Re-installation of google-chrome-stable didn’t do anything… I need this computer operational within 24hours.

Phew! Kernel upgrade solves everything.

Running Kernel 4.14 now, but would someone explain how/why this happened?

google-chrome worked very well until it went into a coma.

There are more web browsers out there than Google Chrome.

Google Chrome was not disabled by hibernation.

The issue was a kernel upgrade.

Start Google Chrome with the following command:
/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable %U --disable-namespace-sandbox

More information about this issue can be found here:
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/513348-chromium-failed-to-launch-quot-Check-failed-NamespaceUtils-WriteToIdMapFile(-quot-proc-self-gid_map-quot-gid_

Thank you,

Firefox, and Opera are both incompatible with some of the websites I need to access.

I actually when through quite a bit of research until kernel upgrade. The command code/option for google chrome actually did not work for me. Output was the exact same error line I’ve stated above.

Just to be clear:

1. I fall asleep.
  2. Computer hibernates
  3. Google Chrome went into a coma
  4. No action I’ve done brought chrome out of coma.
  5. I did a kernel upgrade
  6. google-chrome came back to life.

Kernel upgrade solved the issue. Hibernation sent chrome into coma.

Bugreport is here:
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=965356

You either have automatic updates on or you did an update before you slept. The wake up started the new kernel which broke chrome

That makes sense, I think I like the newest kernel anyways, much faster and no problem just yet.