Thread: Installing kwalletd next to kwalletd5

Default Installing kwalletd next to kwalletd5

Hi,
    I need to use both kwalletd and kwalletd5, but currently I can only see kwalletd5 via zypper, so I can't install the kwalletd package.

How can I install kwalletd package in Leap?

Regards,
    Radek

Blog Entries

Default Re: Installing kwalletd next to kwalletd5

It's probably installed. It isn't a package. It is part of "kdebase4-runtime".
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    It's probably installed. It isn't a package. It is part of "kdebase4-runtime".
    I have this kdebase4-runtime installed, but yet when I use KDE4-based applications like KRDC or Konqueror, the kwallet (not kwallet5) doesn't ask for a password and these applications don't remember passwords that they should store.

Quote Originally Posted by radfel View Post
    I have this kdebase4-runtime installed, but yet when I use KDE4-based applications like KRDC or Konqueror, the kwallet (not kwallet5) doesn't ask for a password and these applications don't remember passwords that they should store.
    Maybe you disabled it in the past?
    Try to delete ~/.kde4/share/config/kwalletrc, or install kwalletmanager (will remove kwalletmanager5) and have a look there.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Maybe you disabled it in the past?
    Try to delete ~/.kde4/share/config/kwalletrc, or install kwalletmanager (will remove kwalletmanager5) and have a look there.
    I had it disabled in the kwalletrc file! I enabled it and now everything works fine. Thank you!