Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Plasma screen capture non functional.

  1. #11

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Hm, I just tried that, and it works fine here. What exactly "didn't work"?

    But then, I'm using openSUSE 13.2 and the latest versions from KDE:Applications and KDE:Frameworks5. In particulary spectacle 15.12.1 and Frameworks 5.18.0 which both are not in Tumbleweed yet.
    Hi,

    It is working now here on tumbleweed including the printscreen.
    The only thing I don't like is if you hit save, it automatically save
    without prompting for a name, so I need to hit save as every time to
    make a name for the image. The notification is cool after you hit shift-printscreen.

    In Leap save as here doesn't work. If I select "ave as" it doesn't do anything,
    no pop-up where to save the image or what kind of image to save. I reverted
    to ksnapshot in leap.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  2. #12

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    In Leap save as here doesn't work. If I select "ave as" it doesn't do anything,
    no pop-up where to save the image or what kind of image to save.
    Hm, I tried in a Leap VM meanwhile, and it works fine there as well (the version from the standard Leap updates, no additional repo).

    Maybe the "Save As" dialog is hidden behind other windows?

  3. #13

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Hm, I tried in a Leap VM meanwhile, and it works fine there as well (the version from the standard Leap updates, no additional repo).

    Maybe the "Save As" dialog is hidden behind other windows?
    Hi wolfi,

    The "save as" in leap 42.1 in plasma5 is now working here, however
    if I use spectacle in another DE like xfce or enlightenment
    the save as pops-up a blank dialog box. It could be the dolphin that pops-up
    but not working in other DE. Note, I tried running dolphin in enlightenment and xfce and I see it
    is working. Any thoughts? I find spectacle is a nice piece of gem and I like to see it working in other DE.

    Thanks.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  4. #14

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    if I use spectacle in another DE like xfce or enlightenment
    the save as pops-up a blank dialog box. It could be the dolphin that pops-up
    but not working in other DE.
    No, that's not dolphin that pops up.
    It's KDE's standard file open/save dialog.

    No idea why it wouldn't work in XFCE or Enlightenment though.

    Try running "spectacle" in a terminal window, do you get some interesting error messages?

  5. #15

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    No, that's not dolphin that pops up.
    It's KDE's standard file open/save dialog.

    No idea why it wouldn't work in XFCE or Enlightenment though.

    Try running "spectacle" in a terminal window, do you get some interesting error messages?
    Hi,
    This is from the terminal in xfce.
    Code:
    spectacle
    QDBusConnection: name 'org.kde.JobViewServer' had owner '' but we thought it was ':1.59'
    klauncher not running... launching kdeinit
    kdeinit5: preparing to launch 'libkdeinit5_klauncher'
    kdeinit5: Launched KLauncher, pid = 2156, result = 0
    Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    kdeinit5: opened connection to :0.0
    kdeinit5: Got EXEC_NEW '/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so' from launcher.
    kdeinit5: preparing to launch '/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so'
    No file found for ".xml" , even though update-mime-info said it would exist.
    Either it was just removed, or the directory doesn't have executable permission.
    The error was after I pressed save as.

    Thanks.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  6. #16

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    Code:
    No file found for ".xml" , even though update-mime-info said it would exist.
    Either it was just removed, or the directory doesn't have executable permission.
    That sure sounds like a problem, but I'm not sure it would cause what you describe.

    No idea what to do to fix that at the moment or what might be the cause, but I'll think about it.

    Just for understanding: it does work fine now in Plasma5 in the same user account?
    And do other KF5 applications (e.g. kwrite or kate) show the same problem?
    What about a fresh user account?

    Never tried it in xfce, but it does work in IceWM too here.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 04-Feb-2016 at 04:15.

  7. #17

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    That sure sounds like a problem, but I'm not sure it would cause what you describe.

    No idea what to do to fix that at the moment or what might be the cause, but I'll think about it.

    Just for understanding: it does work fine now in Plasma5 in the same user account?
    And do other KF5 applications (e.g. kwrite or kate) show the same problem?
    What about a fresh user account?

    Never tried it in xfce, but it does work in IceWM too here.
    Hi,

    It is working also in icewm here with the same terminal output in xfce that I posted in my previous post.

    Thanks.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

  8. #18

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by conram View Post
    It is working also in icewm here with the same terminal output in xfce that I posted in my previous post.
    Then the output apparently is not relevant at all, and it seems to be something specific to XFCE in particular.

    As I said, I have XFCE installed. I might try when I find time for it.
    But as already asked, do you see the same problem with other KDE applications? (kate or kwrite e.g.)
    I would suppose so.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stoney Stanton - England
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    It works fine here (using the latest tumbleweed download). That said I don't think it has been fully mapped yet - as if I press the keyboard 'PrtScn' button I get an error message saying ksnapshot is missing.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Plasma screen capture non functional.

    Quote Originally Posted by dth2 View Post
    It works fine here (using the latest tumbleweed download). That said I don't think it has been fully mapped yet - as if I press the keyboard 'PrtScn' button I get an error message saying ksnapshot is missing.
    That should not be the case in Tumbleweed.

    But the problem might be that the user's config is not updated.
    You may have to change the shortcut manually in KDE's settings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •