No battery widget in systray

The battery widget is gone with the last update of TW. OK, I can have a look at the status with “upower -d”. But I’d like to have it back. Any ideas? Thank you!

Puuuuuuush.

The battery icon is there for me. It’s hidden, so I have to click the little “up” icon to see it. I presume it would show if I were running on battery instead of running on mains power.

This is with KDE/Plasma 5. You did not mention which desktop you are using. Perhaps that’s why nobody has responded. That’s why I didn’t respond initially.

Well, TW with KDE, which is, by default, KDE “5”.

And there is no symbol. Does anybody know how to start the widget?

You can enable/disable it in the “System Tray Settings”, like all other system tray applets. But it should be “started” by default.

Is the “Power Management” service enabled in “Configure Desktop”->“Startup and Shutdown”->“Background Services”? I suppose it wouldn’t work without it…

OK, to my surprise I found it there, thank you. I had a look some days ago, wasn’t there.

However, with the mouse over it, the applet says: »Keine Akkus verfügbar«, => no batteries availiable. But it is a notebook and has two batteries and the login screen (the one you get after suspend2ram) includes the percentage of power.

Phew. Bug report? But where to?

Alexander

That’s the lock screen, not the login screen.
But that would indicate that the underlying stuff is working.

I don’t have a notebook here nor batteries, so I’m not really experienced with that stuff I’m afraid.

Again, is the “Power Management” service running? It should be though, if the lock screen shows the information.

Phew. Bug report? But where to?

Preferably at http://bugs.kde.org/ in this case, I think.

But first maybe check that your system is fully up to date. Maybe run “zypper dup” to check.
A mixture of package versions might cause problems such as this.