Finally I got it running. I will share the info in case anyone runs into these problems.

The procedure is:

0. Download source files from git.

Also install packages:

git
gcc-c++
libqt4-devel
libmysqlclient-devel
readline-devel

1. These should be the options to use for correct user/group for the service:

Code:
'--with-dir-user=bacula' '--with-dir-group=bacula' '--with-sd-user=bacula' '--with-sd-group=bacula' '--with-fd-user=root' '--with-fd-group=bacula'
also to avoid any potential permission problems for the PID files this option should be used:

Code:
'--with-pid-dir=/var/lib/bacula'
and in the conf files in /etc/bacula/bacula-*.conf the option PidDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula" should be used.

2. I also add the option '--enable-tray-monitor' but currently there is a bug in the ./configure so it gives a warning. Option '--disable-dependency-tracking' which was shown earlier in the thread is also seen in the warning. I have reported those.

So the full set of options should be:

Code:
./configure  '--host=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu' '--build=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix=' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/usr/com' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--sysconfdir=/etc/bacula' '--disable-static' '--enable-readline' '--disable-conio' '--with-working-dir=/var/spool/bacula' '--with-archivedir=/var/spool/bacula' '--with-scriptdir=/usr/lib/bacula' '--with-bsrdir=/etc/bacula/bsr' '--with-logdir=/var/log/bacula' '--with-plugindir=/usr/lib64/bacula' '--with-mysql' '--with-dir-user=bacula' '--with-dir-group=bacula' '--with-sd-user=bacula' '--with-sd-group=bacula' '--with-fd-user=root' '--with-fd-group=bacula' '--with-systemd=/usr/lib/systemd/system' '--enable-bat' 'CFLAGS=-pipe -O2 -march=core2 -mmmx -mssse3 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -flto' 'CXXFLAGS=-pipe -O2 -march=core2 -mmmx -mssse3 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -flto' 'build_alias=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-suse-linux-gnu' '--enable-tray-monitor' '--with-pid-dir=/var/lib/bacula'
Note: this is only for mysql db. If postgre or sqlite will be used, the options '--with-postgresql' and/or '--with-sqlite3' should be added.

3. After running configure, make and make install it seems inevitable to have to run these also:

Code:
sudo chown root:bacula /usr/sbin/bsmtp
sudo chown root:bacula /usr/sbin/bacula*
This will fix problems with error messages about permissions. I don't know how this can be automated.

4. I still don't know how to create all systemd *.service files. It seems the only command which creates 2 of them is:

Code:
make install-autostart DISTNAME=systemd
However it gives some errors and doesn't create a service for bacula-dir, only for FD and SD. Also as I mentioned earlier, (duplicate) links are created in /etc/init.rd. I don't know if it is recommended to have both services registered there and as systemd *.service files. Some help on this would be very welcome.