Thread: great upgrade from 13.2 to leap42.1 minor problems with applications

Default great upgrade from 13.2 to leap42.1 minor problems with applications

Hi

Yesterday, I have made my third experimental upgrade from 13.2 to 42.1 following the descriptions on SDB:System upgrade - openSUSE
    . Congrats for this perfect update! I am really happy, that such a complicated upgrade preserves most of the settings and functionalities that I use under 13.2!!!

Results of this upgrade-test:
    The problems with Firefox-Fonts have gone. Now I have testwise started Thunderbird: here I find again, that the fonts look quite ugly. When changing the fonts in the corresponding preferences, it seems not to change, especially not in the overview of messages.

In both apps, the icons are not updated when I change the basic icon set (I am using oxygen under 13.2 and want to use these in 42.1 also). In dolphin, the icons are correctly changed according to the settings. This is a very minor problem.

The problem of the restoration of session settings after reboot are also not yet gone. Sometimes, in the restore all apps are placed in the same desktop (I am using 4 desktops as standard). Since this feature is very comfortable and works great under 13.2, I will be happy, when it is also ok in 42.1.

Conclusion: I could really start using 42.1 productive, because all major problems are gone. But may be, that one month more might remove even the above issues.

Greetings
    wippi

Blog Entries

Default Re: great upgrade from 13.2 to leap42.1 minor problems with applications

If you'd like to see possible attention applied to any issues,
    Do a bug search at https://bugzilla.opensuse.org.

If the issue has already been reported, see if you can add anything to what has already been described.
    If the issue hasn't been reported, create a bug with as much detail as you can provide, particularly with any screenshots (if you're describing something aesthetically "ugly" for instance) and steps to re-produce.

TSU

Default Re: great upgrade from 13.2 to leap42.1 minor problems with applications

I assume you did upgrade then all updates, since 42.1 install image as not changed a bit.