Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck at "starting name service cache daemon" during startup on VM.

Exclamation Stuck at "starting name service cache daemon" during startup on VM.

I keep getting stuck at starting name service cache daemon on a vm.

LEAP

Default Re: Stuck at "starting name service cache daemon" during startup on VM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpritsker View Post
    I keep getting stuck at starting name service cache daemon on a vm.

LEAP
    This is only slightly better then "it does not work".

Please tell what you did, what you expected to happen and what happened instead.
    And we prefer computer facts like copied/pasted prrompt-command-output-prompt sequences (between CODE tags above story telling.
    Henk van Velden

Perhaps it probably would be better if this was asked in the Virtualization forum, as well?
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

Will bemoved to Virtualization and is CLOSED for the moment.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Will bemoved to Virtualization and is CLOSED for the moment.
    Moved from Install/Boot/Login and open again.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

This is not an error normally seen that's virtualization specific(ie probably should not have been moved here).
    Typically, virtualization provides name resolution services only for NAT virtual networks and unless the install has been borked this is practically never a virtualization issue.

I assume that you're running either Berkeley BIND or dnsmasq in this VM?
    You'll have to provide detailed information about what server application is installed and perhaps a "systemd status servicename" for that service which would possibly provide a relevant snippet from the journal systemlog.

You should also
    Identify the virtualization technology you're running (VBox? KVM/libvirt? Xen/libvirt? VMware? something else?)
    Verify that this is an error message you're seeing on the Host when you try to start a VM? Or, is this an error displayed in the Guest VM?

TSU

This is only slightly better then "it does not work".

Please tell what you did, what you expected to happen and what happened instead.
    And we prefer computer facts like copied/pasted prrompt-command-output-prompt sequences (between CODE tags above story telling.
    Sorry,

This happens when I boot up the VM and I expect it to boot up and give me a console or login screen.

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    This is not an error normally seen that's virtualization specific(ie probably should not have been moved here).
    Typically, virtualization provides name resolution services only for NAT virtual networks and unless the install has been borked this is practically never a virtualization issue.

I assume that you're running either Berkeley BIND or dnsmasq in this VM?
    You'll have to provide detailed information about what server application is installed and perhaps a "systemd status servicename" for that service which would possibly provide a relevant snippet from the journal systemlog.

You should also
    Identify the virtualization technology you're running (VBox? KVM/libvirt? Xen/libvirt? VMware? something else?)
    Verify that this is an error message you're seeing on the Host when you try to start a VM? Or, is this an error displayed in the Guest VM?

TSU
    Guest VM, and I cant do systemd anything because I cant boot it up.

Moved from Install/Boot/Login and open again.
    I hope this will be moved back as this is on the BOOT on an INSTALLer disk on a vm.

Quote Originally Posted by jpritsker View Post
    I hope this will be moved back as this is on the BOOT on an INSTALLer disk on a vm.
    I am willing to move it back, but I must add that I, reading the original post, stopped reading as soon as I reached the word "VM", because I then think: "not my piece of cake".

Will be moved back because the OP states this has nothing to do with VM, notwithstanding him using the expresion VM (I am noob here and only want to have threads in the placce where the best help can be given).
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast