Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade from 13.1 to 42.1 using the iso - aka offline upgrade

Blog Entries

Default Re: Upgrade from 13.1 to 42.1 using the iso - aka offline upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by robertot5 View Post
    I'm now experiencing problems with opening up Chromium and other apps, I keep getting this error about Kdeinit could not lauch ksystraycmd

See here

http://imgur.com/iy3gtGY

I tried reinstalling Chromium several times, it works fine if I run it via terminal but not via click or by clicking links in any other app.

Couldn't find very much on the web about this
    No, Plasma 5 does not support the former KDE4 system tray icons IIRC, so you'll need to recreate the links to your apps I think. I wouldn't be surprised if you encounter other problems related to stale/legacy configuration files because of your upgrade method. All part of the learning though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    No, Plasma 5 does not support the former KDE4 system tray icons IIRC, so you'll need to recreate the links to your apps I think. I wouldn't be surprised if you encounter other problems related to stale/legacy configuration files because of your upgrade method. All part of the learning though.
    BTW, are you able to launch apps via the menu? If so, just right-click on a given app icon and 'Add to Panel'

BTW, are you able to launch apps via the menu? If so, just right-click on a given app icon and 'Add to Panel'

So far, only Chromium is giving me headaches, I can run any app via the menu, except Chromium. Add to panel, adds the icon but on click, it gives the same error.

I also went in Yast and configured default internet app to be Chromium, but still no luck.
    OpenSUSE Leap 42.2 x64 KDE

Blog Entries

Try editing the menu, right click 'Edit Applications'... does that lead to a working icon?

Try editing the menu, right click 'Edit Applications'... does that lead to a working icon?
    Hi,
    Icon is and was ok, I tried that, it justs open the edit menu, everything seems ok.

I really don't know what should I do anymore. I need Chromium, and I have to run it via terminal every time.

Blog Entries

I've never used chromium, but in an effort to assist I just installed using
    Code:
     # zypper in chromium
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...

The following 3 NEW packages are going to be installed:
      chromium chromium-desktop-kde chromium-ffmpeg

The following recommended package was automatically selected:
      chromium-ffmpeg
    Does this reflect the packages you have installed?

Once installed, I then went to the menu and launched it with no issues. Then menu entry contains 'chromium %u'

I've never used chromium, but in an effort to assist I just installed using
    Code:
     # zypper in chromium
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...

The following 3 NEW packages are going to be installed:
      chromium chromium-desktop-kde chromium-ffmpeg

The following recommended package was automatically selected:
      chromium-ffmpeg
    Does this reflect the packages you have installed?

Once installed, I then went to the menu and launched it with no issues. Then menu entry contains 'chromium %u'
    Yes, I had it exactly like that.

I also ran a "zypper remove chromium" the reinstalled it again with "zypper in chromium", exactly the same problem.

Yes, menu entry contains 'chromium %u'.

This is the output from starting chromium using the terminal, the only way I can launch it.

Code:
    roberto@linux-jspa:~> chromium  
    [11540:11566:0106/195527:ERROR:logging.h(810)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled: object_path= /modules/kwalletd: org.freedesktop.DBu
    s.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    [11540:11566:0106/195527:ERROR:native_backend_kwallet_x.cc(396)] Error contacting kwalletd (isEnabled)
    [11540:11566:0106/195527:ERROR:logging.h(810)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled: object_path= /modules/kwalletd: org.freedesktop.DBu
    s.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    [11540:11566:0106/195527:ERROR:native_backend_kwallet_x.cc(396)] Error contacting kwalletd (isEnabled)
    [11540:11566:0106/195537:ERROR:generic_change_processor.cc(383)] Autofill datatype error was encountered: Failed to delete Autofill node. Local data
    . ActOnChanges@../../components/autofill/core/browser/webdata/autocomplete_syncable_service.cc:396could not find entry matching the lookup criteria.
    [11540:11566:0106/195537:ERROR:generic_change_processor.cc(322)] Delete: Bad entry.
    [11540:11566:0106/195537:ERROR:shared_change_processor.cc(109)] Change processor disconnected.
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

I tried again removing Chromium and also manually remove the chromium folder under /home/me/.config then reinstalled Chromium fresh, no luck. Still, the same stupid error.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertot5 View Post
    I tried again removing Chromium and also manually remove the chromium folder under /home/me/.config then reinstalled Chromium fresh, no luck. Still, the same stupid error.

Well, Plasma 5 doesn't include ksystraycmd AFAIU. It requires the legacy xembed tray protocol which is not supported by Plasma 5, so the error you reported in post #11 doesn't make sense to me. I'm not seeing this erorr when launching from the KF5 menu. Hopefully others can comment further here.

Can you post your configured repos?
    Code:
    zypper lr -d

Blog Entries

Okay, I think I've figured out what might occurring here. I can replicate the error you report if the menu item for Chromium has 'Place in system tray' enabled. Uncheck that option and save when done. You should then find Chromium launches from the menu as expected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast