Using gparted on Leap Xfce

I am more familiar gparted than Expert Partitioner and it seems to be faster, but whenever I open it, the system attempts to mount all of my partitions (which does not occur on other operating systems).

I always use BIOS installed to the root partition. Is there a way I can avoid gparted’s attempting to mount each and every one of the partitions present on my hard drives?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I ran into that problem using a live rescue CD (probably a Tumbleweed live rescue at that time).

The solution was to logout from XFCE and login to Icewm. Then start “gparted” at a root terminal window.

Thanks for the tip. The problem with that though is, I’d have to either save the session or reopen everything I was working on, when logging back into Xfce.

I was hoping there was a configuration I could use to prevent gparted from mounting all partitions on start up.

I’m pretty sure that it is XFCE, rather than “gparted”, that is mounting the partitions.

Maybe “gparted” is telling the kernel to rescan those disks, and that is triggering what XFCE does to mount them.