Thread: glitchy conky appearance after ctrl+alt+backspace

Default glitchy conky appearance after ctrl+alt+backspace

After setting up conky i wanted it to start with system after logging in, so i added conky to 'Startup and shutdown'- Autostart and added program conky. When i restart plasma with ctrl+alt+backspace and login conky is in illegible format .
    (other settings: Default Leave Option-end current session, On Login:start with an empty session)
    Picture attached

how do i fix this ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: glitchy conky appearance after ctrl+alt+backspace

Hi
    I would suspect a plasma or gfx card (perhaps) issue since I use conky but with gnome-shell and either an alt+F2 r or ctrl+alt+backspace twice have no affect on my conky with intel gfx.

Maybe try a different font (as in the default plasma font) in your conky config and see if that helps.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I would suspect a plasma or gfx card (perhaps) issue since I use conky but with gnome-shell and either an alt+F2 r or ctrl+alt+backspace twice have no affect on my conky with intel gfx.

Maybe try a different font (as in the default plasma font) in your conky config and see if that helps.
    I set "vsync" from Never to Automatic seems to have solved the problem. thank you

Now i am getting back the same problem But this time the bugged conky appearance happens when i ON the machine and login every time. Don't know whats the problem, It looks fine only if i restart conky or restart plasma.