Thread: The database frontend "Rekall"

Default The database frontend "Rekall"

The database front-end "Rekall" is a software similar to MS Access, in fact, I replaced Access with Rekall about 15 years ago, and MySQL databae system running in the background.
    Up until recently Rekall was actively maintained and it was available for download in the openSUSE repository KDE/KDE3. This repository has now disappeared from the repository list, probably because KDE3 is no longer being maintained.

Since I have spent considerable efforts and time to develop our application with Rekall, and it has worked for us so well over time, I would like to know whether an updated Rekall will be available again in the future, or whether it must be abandoned and replaced with something else. Looking into alternatives, I have found nothing that could replace rekall yet. Either it does not work correctly, or some important functions were missing.

Can anybody offer some information or useful ideas on this matter?
    Thank you for any ideas you can put forward.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The database frontend "Rekall"

Quote Originally Posted by nicari View Post
    The database front-end "Rekall" is a software similar to MS Access, in fact, I replaced Access with Rekall about 15 years ago, and MySQL databae system running in the background.
    Up until recently Rekall was actively maintained and it was available for download in the openSUSE repository KDE/KDE3. This repository has now disappeared from the repository list, probably because KDE3 is no longer being maintained.

Since I have spent considerable efforts and time to develop our application with Rekall, and it has worked for us so well over time, I would like to know whether an updated Rekall will be available again in the future, or whether it must be abandoned and replaced with something else. Looking into alternatives, I have found nothing that could replace rekall yet. Either it does not work correctly, or some important functions were missing.

Can anybody offer some information or useful ideas on this matter?
    Thank you for any ideas you can put forward.
    Hi
    It's still there...?
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/s...package=rekall
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...p_42.1/x86_64/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Hello,
    Thanks very much indeed.
    I downloaded the files and extracted them, but now I don't know how to install them into my computer.
    Perhaps you can point some HOWTO where I can learn how to do this.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by nicari View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks very much indeed.
    I downloaded the files and extracted them, but now I don't know how to install them into my computer.
    Perhaps you can point some HOWTO where I can learn how to do this.
    Regards
    add the KDE3 repository through yast and then install through the yast software management.

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Add_package_repositories