Not able login in domain

Hello Everyone,

i want to move from windows to opensuse Leap 42.1. my opensuse client joined domain using yast. but domain user is not able to login in opensuse.
if anyone done this thing please help me to do.
also i want to know is this correct distribution for stability.

Thanks
Laxman Singh

You can set a different theme that allows you to enter a username (circles, elarun, maldives), ir
Then it should work AFAIK.

You can also use a different login/disaply manager if you prefer. Available are xdm, kdm, lightdm, gdm, and a few others I don’t know myself…
Install the one you wish to use, and set it in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager (DISPLAYMANAGER=xxx).

also i want to know is this correct distribution for stability.

Probably yes. But it might depend on your hardware, and what you mean exactly with “stability”…

but current Theme allow me to enter other user to login \domain\user but its always show error "username and password is wrong "

Thanks For Reply

Well, you didn’t state which theme you are using… :wink:
The default one (breeze) does not.

\domain\user but its always show error "username and password is wrong "

Hm, no idea then, I’m not using (and never used) that. It should work AFAIK.

Just one thing: the network is working when you try to login?
If it is a wireless user connection, it will only established when the user logs in, not at the login screen already.
Maybe switch to text mode (Ctrl+Alt+F1) to test.

As I said, you could switch to a different display manager as well.

When you log into your machine, try entering your username as follows, followed by your password (specific fields will depend on the Desktop you are using)

ADUsername@fulldomainname.domain

TSU

:slight_smile:
That “backslashes” method of entering the Username and Domain only applies to Windows machines (which interpret the backslashes accordingly).
Thus, try the other method using “@” which I posted which is commonly used by many apps in Linux.

TSU