Installation media fails to boot - Journal service fails to start

Trying to install tumbleweed by using tumbleweed-kde-livecd -“openSUSE-Tumbleweed-KDE-Live-x86_64-Snapshot20151201-Media.iso”.
The installation media fails to boot.
I made the media - flash drive by

dd if=/path/to/iso of=/path/to/flashDrive bs=2M

The journal service failed to start, it timed out. The plymouth boot screen showed following error

[FAILED]Failed to start Journal Service
[DEPEND]Dependency failed for flush journal to Persistent Storage

I’ve verified the sha256 checksum, so no errors in downloading file

Is there a solution or is this is a bug?

What was the path to flash drive you used. You must do it to the device and not to a partition on the device

dd if=/path/to/iso of=/dev/sdb bs=2M

Just making sure you did not put a 1 on the end to write to a partition. That is correct assuming /dev/sdb is the USB drive.

Did you check the check sums of the ISO to be certain you got a good download?

There’s a problem with live media at present.

See this thread: can't install or boot in live (A start job is running for journal service) - Install/Boot/Login - openSUSE Forums

There’s a workaround toward the end. The workaround was tested with the live rescue CD, but should also work with live KDE.

I should have added that, as far as I know, the DVD installer should be fine. I’ll probably be testing that tomorrow.

Yes I did.

Couldn’t understand the workaround. For now I’m reverting to 13.2

I avoided DVD installer because DVD size is huge as per the download speed which I’m getting now in my university and I was sure that I’ll be using KDE only.

AFAIK, the DVD offers benefit of choosing any DE KDE, GNOME, Lxde, XFCE or without any DE, also gives rescue option and upgrade option. Are there any other benefits?
If I’m sure that I’ll use KDE only I don’t understand the need of downloading DVD installer.