Firefox opening in very small window and forgets on which monitor it last resided

I had mentioned in another thread that I’ve been hit by a very annoying issue where by:

• Firefox constantly opens in a very tiny (maybe 300x200) window that needs to be manually reisized to something useable
  • Additionally, it usually opens on the wrong monitor and not on my primary monitor, requiring that it be manually moved over
  • Any Firefox window that is opened outside the main Firefox window also opens in the same ridiculous habit (small and usually wrong monitor)

I investigated whether this might be related to a misbehaving extension. Doing that, I opened up the Add-ons Manager in one tab and disabled all the current extensions and restarted Firefox. On first glance, with all extensions disabled, Firefox re-opened in the exact same spot and size that it had previously been (whoo-whooo!), so it seemed just a matter of isolating the offending culprit. And so, one by one, the extensions were turned back on and Firefox reopened. I even did system reboots just to make sure … (equivalent tonuking the site from orbit: its the only way to be sure ) . To make a long story short, I arrived at the point where all the extensions had been re-enabled and Firefox was behaving again as I desired…or so I thought.

Cutting to the chase, it turns out that its the Add-ons Manager (and its tab) itself that is impacting the behaviour of whether Firefox opens the correct size and position.

• So long as I have the Add-ons Manager open in one tab and at least one other tab open, Firefox can be quit and will, upon its next opening, be restored in the same window size and position as it was when it was previously closed
  • Further, as far as I can see, if I navigate to another page from the Add-ons Manager tab, then, so long as that tab (which originally contained the Add-ons Manager) persists, along with at least one other tab remaining open, then Firefox continues to behave correctly
  • Closing the tab on which Add-ons Manager exists (or previously existed before navigating to another page), and it all goes to **** >:(

Very peculiar. Hoping some one may have some suggestion. (Note in advance – have a lot of irons in the fire right now, so I may be slow in being able to respond)

You may want to consider this may be a window manager problem.

Are you running KDE Plasma 5?
If so, try going into the KDE monitor settings and switch the primary/secondary display, particularly if your second monitor is now the primary.

TSU

Have you tried the “remember” settings in firefox.?